Granted, we were only in rooms at night to sleep and to cook dinner...but come on! The place was a wreck. The room we stayed in had the tub held up by what looked like 20 pounds of caulk, the wallpaper was peeling everywhere, the grout was black (supposed to be cream), there were only two pots (in what was supposed to be a fully furnished kitchen), carpets were nasty and the sofa looked like it came out of the sixties. To top it off, the ice maker was not working - I placed a call to housekeeping (after having to call the other resort since no one was working at the Beach Club desk) and no one ever came to fix it. Had to make daily trips to get ice from Kroger. I know that all the condo owners should keep up their own place but it was sad that they let it get to this level of deterioration.
Also, we went at the end of August, they didn't even have anyone checking in at the desk. You had to drive down the street to a different Sands and check in.
Regardless, we will have to stay here again because this is where the whole family has time shares (except us and of course we get one of the nastiest rooms available). I just hope next time we get a room that is up to par.
The only good thing I can say about the Beach club is the location on the beach. Beach is great and since it is at the end of a road there is not too much noise and commotion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Beach Club Resort is a multi-level, mixed use resort property, meaning that some units are owned in whole, year round by owners and some are owned by timeshare owners and managed by a board of directors. To offer potential guests the most accurate information please include the unit number in your review. As a mixed use property the units can vary in their decor, housekeeping and maintenance. All guests have access to all the resort amenities such as the indoor pool, outdoor pools, grill area, tennis courts, basketball courts and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelPower, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sands Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Beach Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Beach Club Myrtle Beach
- Sands Beach Hotel Myrtle