We booked our vacation here June 9-15 2013 after staying here before and had a wonderful experience. We arrived to find we had to go to Ocean Club to receive our room keys. Back at the Beach Club, we loaded all our stuff and arrived in our room to find it was a smoking room; which we did not request. The headboard in the second bedroom kept falling off the wall; the lamps in the bedroom would not work. Pictures on the wall were broken and just hanging there. The couches were ripped and stained; footprints in the kitchen floor and glasses in the cabinet were left with lip prints on them. We quickly called the front desk and was told someone would be with us shortly. Hour later, and three phone calls, we called them and told them we were packing our stuff and would be there in 5 minutes. The Ocean club had one room available, not ocean front as we had booked. We were allowed to preview the room before we agreed to it. This room was much smaller than we originally booked, but was do able. Our second day, after coming back from the beach, there had been no room service so we had to call downstairs for towels and toilet paper. When we returned back to our room that evening, there still had not been room service. The next morning, we put all our dirty towels outside the room for room service. Upon returning, we found a huge bag with towels, kitchen necessities, toilet paper, soap, etc. tied to our door handle for us to put in our room. The third and fourth day, towels were left, only one bed was made and a vacuum was never run. Was very disappointed as we have enjoyed out stay before and loved the location. The hotel did comp us one night stay, but after this experience, we will be looking for a new hotel in this area next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Beach Club Resort is a multi-level, mixed use resort property, meaning that some units are owned in whole, year round by owners and some are owned by timeshare owners and managed by a board of directors. To offer potential guests the most accurate information please include the unit number in your review. As a mixed use property the units can vary in their decor, housekeeping and maintenance. All guests have access to all the resort amenities such as the indoor pool, outdoor pools, grill area, tennis courts, basketball courts and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sands Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Beach Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Beach Club Myrtle Beach
- Sands Beach Hotel Myrtle