“You Gota Go To Sands Beach Club”

Sands Beach Club Resort
Ranked #126 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Second timer at this resort. Fantastic Ocean front views,clean well maintained rooms, great breakfast and courteous staff. Stayed in a refurbed suite which was super. Ocean Annies a mere 2-3 hundred metre walk. Live music and great burgers from the River Cafe. Live music and Dolphins swimming in the surf. What's not to like. Not the cheapest but certainly a great place to stay. Close to the Tanger Mall (5 Minutes in a car) and 5 minutes from retaurant row. I'm going back again in Sept 12 for a golf trip with 7 other guys, I know that they won't be disappointed!!!!
Golf Director Dick Baugh brilliant and so helpful. Use him for a memorable golf vacation. Book a holiday to be confident about.

Room Tip: All have ocean front views, no side shows here man!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Keith A

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was skeptical when i found out that we were staying here...I had read all the reviews. The timeshare condos are very nice. They are all oceanfront, quiet, clean, and relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Erin E
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I really like the location of Sands and all the fun things to do there. I like that I never have to leave the hotel to have meals. I really love partying at Sandals and Ocean Annies.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank RitaS414
Reviewed January 19, 2012

we stayed at sands beach club during june of 2011. although a little confusing to find, once your there its very nice. not too far from local attractions, but still secluded enough to not deal with a huge crowd of people. the small creek that runs behind the property is great for seeing blue crab, and shelling during low tide. the late evening walks on the beach were great. the staff i would say were very helpful but, we never needed them. the check in was easy, rooms cleaned daily, resteraunts and attractions close by, well maintained property. my wife and myself were so impressed with our vacation with our children and their friends that we came back to another of sands properties, the Ocean Forest Plaza in sept 2011. was even more impressed. thanks sands. we'll see you in june and sept 2012.

Room Tip: ask for an oceanfront room on the nouth side of the building. less light from the neighboring hotels...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank randy w
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Been staying here for awhile, we love it. The beach is not crowded, it is great for kids of all ages. When we go out to the beach we make a day of it sometimes not going back to the room until after dark. The ocean is great but we have a lot of fun in the creek catching fish and crabs.We are getting ready for the 2012 trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 9,103
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed in unit 826 in an oceanfront 2 bedroom unit. Unit had some upgrades but.....disposal had foul odor from it. Doors did not fit properly. My wife almost fell when getting out of the shower because the hand grab bar came out of the wall. The unit was very shop worn and in need of painting. The free wireless internet would not load more than 2 pages at a time without stalling. Front desk said it was because it was the building was concrete. I know better than that. Another employee said that the internet was provided free by the hotel and the timeshare owners did not want to pay for their own service. Paper products were as cheap as they come. Think scratchy, single ply and limited quantities. Front desk said that was because they were tying to keep costs low. We moved after 3 nights and paid for other accommodations. It took a lot for us to walk away from 2 consecutive prepaid weeks here. But it was one of the best things we did on this trip. We will never stay there again even if it was the last place on the beach.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank tcornel
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This a great place to getaway from it all. I have stayed here at least 10 times. I first came here with my freind when I was a teenager,his mom had a time share there. And I have been coming back ever since. I like that the hotel is beside a inlet, no hotels on other side. It has a great lounge, pool, Hot Tub. And it is in North Mrytle Beach away from all the traffic. I love this place.

Room Tip: Some times you have to go look at the rooms first, they are time shares so some are different that o...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family