“Fun stay at the Sands”

Sands Beach Club Resort
Ranked #132 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I really like the location of Sands and all the fun things to do there. I like that I never have to leave the hotel to have meals. I really love partying at Sandals and Ocean Annies.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank RitaS414

Reviewed January 19, 2012

we stayed at sands beach club during june of 2011. although a little confusing to find, once your there its very nice. not too far from local attractions, but still secluded enough to not deal with a huge crowd of people. the small creek that runs behind the property is great for seeing blue crab, and shelling during low tide. the late evening walks on the beach were great. the staff i would say were very helpful but, we never needed them. the check in was easy, rooms cleaned daily, resteraunts and attractions close by, well maintained property. my wife and myself were so impressed with our vacation with our children and their friends that we came back to another of sands properties, the Ocean Forest Plaza in sept 2011. was even more impressed. thanks sands. we'll see you in june and sept 2012.

Room Tip: ask for an oceanfront room on the nouth side of the building. less light from the neighboring hotels...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank randy w
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Been staying here for awhile, we love it. The beach is not crowded, it is great for kids of all ages. When we go out to the beach we make a day of it sometimes not going back to the room until after dark. The ocean is great but we have a lot of fun in the creek catching fish and crabs.We are getting ready for the 2012 trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 9,103
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed in unit 826 in an oceanfront 2 bedroom unit. Unit had some upgrades but.....disposal had foul odor from it. Doors did not fit properly. My wife almost fell when getting out of the shower because the hand grab bar came out of the wall. The unit was very shop worn and in need of painting. The free wireless internet would not load more than 2 pages at a time without stalling. Front desk said it was because it was the building was concrete. I know better than that. Another employee said that the internet was provided free by the hotel and the timeshare owners did not want to pay for their own service. Paper products were as cheap as they come. Think scratchy, single ply and limited quantities. Front desk said that was because they were tying to keep costs low. We moved after 3 nights and paid for other accommodations. It took a lot for us to walk away from 2 consecutive prepaid weeks here. But it was one of the best things we did on this trip. We will never stay there again even if it was the last place on the beach.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank tcornel
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This a great place to getaway from it all. I have stayed here at least 10 times. I first came here with my freind when I was a teenager,his mom had a time share there. And I have been coming back ever since. I like that the hotel is beside a inlet, no hotels on other side. It has a great lounge, pool, Hot Tub. And it is in North Mrytle Beach away from all the traffic. I love this place.

Room Tip: Some times you have to go look at the rooms first, they are time shares so some are different that o...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Patrick K
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The Sands Beach Club is a very nice facility for an extended vacation. We stayed there in September 2011 over Labor Day weekend. The rooms are nice and large with good amenities. Overall, the facility is "no frills," but that is OK for the price. Nice pool, hot tub, and grilling facilities. Quiet with easy access to beach and back to the main road. Ocean-front rooms sweeten the deal. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Russell S
Reviewed December 27, 2011

wow - we stayed the same dates as another reviewer. 12/10-13 and experienced the same poor conditions. There was construction which made the area noisy and dirty to drive around. The ocean front view was the best. We found out after being there 2 days that there are actually people that live there, not just vacation there and they do not have to abide by the same rules, i.e. respect for others regarding noise curfews. We were woken up both mornings at 4:30 a.m. by an alarm clock going off for 2 hrs next door, then again at 6:30 a.m. both mornings by pounding upstairs which lasted well into the afternoon by (a tenant). We we complained about both, did not get any compensation, or offer to be moved to another unit. The front desk was rude, unhelpful and pushed our complaints on to The Noble Company, somehow affiliated with them, which told me to call RCI and "hung up" on me.... The resort offered little activities and the restaurant/bar did not stay open for services stated in the book, i.e. no breakfast, happy hour cut short when we visited it. The front staff did not tell us anything about the surrounding area, i.e. good places to go, directions, etc. I feel we should've been told there were tenants and compensated or moved to make our stay more enjoyable. This was my boyfriend's first experience at timeshares and since he was not too kean on going anyway, I was highly upset with the experience. I do pay good money monthly to have a timeshare and would hope to enjoy all sites or be compensated for any bad experiences by RCI. When I called RCI they said I should've called while there, instead of when I got home, that there is nothing they could do now. Myrtle Beach as a whole was nothing to return to either, especially on off season - alot of things were closed. Oh by the way - we did have one bit of revenge - snuck our dog in.....

Room Tip: make sure no one above you if possible. Face ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple