“Awesome views no matter what room you have”
Review of SeaGlass Tower

SeaGlass Tower
Ranked #59 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Toledo
“Awesome views no matter what room you have”
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Stay here if you get the chance! Directly on the beach in the middle of the hub of Myrtle Beach. every suite in this resort has complete walls of windows. if your room is beach front, you have a priceless view of the beach and ocean below, if your room is ocean view, you can still see the ocean, but you get a view over looking the main hub of Myrtle Beach. I suggest asking if a ocean front room above the 6th floor is available for the best views (even though they are all good). It was amazing to wake up every morning to a view of the ocean. Every suite has a balcony, full kitchen, dinning area, living room area, and seperate bedroom and a full bath with a whirlpool tub! there is also an indoor pool and hotub, but you also have full use of neighboring hotel's outdoor pools and hot tubs right on the beach. Directly across from the hotel is Pier 14. Lots of attractions and places to eat within walking distance. Also, if you stay here, you get a free professional photography shot with a local photographer, with a complimentary 8x10 of your choice! Ask about it at the front desk =)

• Liked — Breath taking views
  • Disliked — had to leave!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AshLizBrown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Reviewed August 14, 2008

Was looking for a resort on the beach of Myrtle Beach with a view. Because I have friends with timeshare, checked in with them first. We were planning to spend quite a number of days in MB so needed to cut down on costs of fuel--driving from northern Wisconsin to M.B. and food and convenience was where I could cut. We were lucky to get in to SeaGlass Towers. It's a very unique building in that all sides of the building are glass. Hence, our room had a glass wall from floor to ceiling and extended the whole length of our room. Each room is like this and they all have a balcony. I did call a day ahead of arrival and request a room above the building located on each side of us to ensure a beach view. We were very lucky could sit on the bed and look at the beach expand, as well as watch the fun road traffic at night. We had chosen the smaller of the two room choices because I wanted to be sure and have a 'ocean view'. This is different than 'ocean front' and I heard some people complaining about this at the front desk. There are only two rooms on each floor that are ocean front and two rooms on each side that will for sure give you ocean view and the other two large rooms and face the road. I read people complaining about the elevators....yes, there are only two elevators and sometimes you had to wait a bit but not so long you felt like walking 14 stories. The only disappointment that I had was the laundry facilities. Having borrowed a timeshare unit before, we had the laundry in our room. This didn't..it was downstairs. I did not use the facilities as I heard people talk of having to wait and I just didn't want to waste my time sitting inside the building. Our smaller room was more than adequate for my family of four (adult and 3 teens). We designated a spot for each persons bags and that was that. The room is nicely decorated and totally sufficient with supplies. They had some laundry soap, dishwasher soap, dishsoap and bathroom supplies each day. Each day we got new towels and they did take the garbage each day. I would recommend setting your bag near the door to make sure it got picked up. Because it is a timeshare, they did not clean the unit each day like a hotel so you make your own bed....or don't make your own bed. :-) One thing I didn't understand was the Yahtsman Resort located next door to the SeaGlass Tower. Well, this resort has a building on each side of SeaGlass and they have a pool at each building. That is the outdoor pool we were allowed to use. They also had grills for you to use. We did not use any of that but it makes sense now. Also, parking was not an issue. Park across the street and always found a spot even if late at night. The LOCATION of this place was great. It was near a pier that was fun to watch, located on a huge span of beach, lifeguards out there to keep an eye on your kids, not a crowded area of beach, on the road there were lots of shops that were open late at night. This was a fun thing for the teens to do at night. Local teens drive up and down the road here. It's NOT a bother with sound as there are police riding bikes monitoring things closely. It was just fun to watch the summer excitement from the balcony at night. As for the lifeguard--they set up chairs and umbrellas each day in a line and you can pay them to use them by the day. We chose to bring blankets and veg that way. You can sit your chairs in front of them but cannot have the umbrellas in front of the lifeguard as that can interfere with his duty of watching the water. The cheap blowup floats are not allowed at MB--I found out after blowing mine up and heading for the ocean. The boogie boards are fun and everyone enjoys them. The ocean was warm and the waves were great at this time of the year. It was a wonderful trip for me to take with my kids in the summer time. MB offers so much to do that you could remain busy all day doing whatever your heart desires. We chose to enjoy the beach life during the day and sometimes at night. I would certainly try to stay at this resort again or a place similar in this area. Totally had a great trip!!!

• Liked — LOCATION AND BEACH
  • Disliked — NO LAUNDRY IN ROOMS
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank wisconsinlady
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We are timeshare owners with Bluegreen. We stayed at the Seaglass Towers between August 4th and August 9th. We had an oceanfront suite.

Everything was just as the hotel promised. The rooms have incredible views and are well stocked. The kitchen is cozy but has everything necessary to make your stay extremely comfortable.

The room is a little smaller than a normal suite in Myrtle Beach, but the views and floor-to-ceiling windows far make up for it. I would not recommend this room for a group of more than 4. There were only two of us and we were very comfortable with room to spare. The bed in the master bedroom was extremely small for my taste. They call it a Queen-Sized, and I didn't measure it, but I doubt it's much larger than a Full-Sized bed. My fiancee and I battled for space some evenings!

The bathrooms were very nice with whirlpool tubs and large showers. There's only one sink in the bathroom though. I think a double sink would have complimented the room nicely.

All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to make our stays wonderful. The Seaglass Tower has no outdoor pool, but there are hotels to the left and right called the Yachtsman, and Seaglass Tower residents are allowed to use both outdoor pools and jacuzzis.

The beach connected to the Seaglass Tower was amazing. There is a large pier there also to walk out on. However, we found out that because of the pier and the fishermen on the pier, the beach tends to have a higher number of jellyfish than average. Both my fiancee and I were stung twice swimming on the beach. (the stings don't hurt as bad as I thought!)

Parking is located across the street. Not ideal, but after the first day we didn't mind at all. There was plenty of parking.

I will definitely go back to the Seaglass Tower. Our vacation was incredible.

• Liked — The location was perfect on the beach
  • Disliked — Splurge on a king-sized bed!!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bowert74
Georgetown, KY
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We just returned from a pretty nice stay at the Seaglass Tower. Accomodations were clean and the units are ready for just about anything you would need for a week long stay. The location was good and the views spectacular.

A few things to nitpick though:
-The elevators are not designed for a 20 story hotel. Waits to leave on Friday were 45 minutes or longer as every time an elevator arrived on a lower floor, another family already had a cart full of suitcases. Repeat the process until you get lucky. Routine waits of 3-5 minutes were standard, especially in the evening.

-Key card access to the outside stairways would help alleviate some of the elevator waits. We were on a lower floor but had no option to the stairs from outside the building.

-Wifi should be available, the 15 minute limit posted at the public computer was not enforced.

-Most hotels had parking across Ocean Ave, the only difficulty crossing was in the evenings when the young cruisers decended on the city.

-Washers and dryers were free but 1 of each were out of order, leaving 2 of each for 130+ rooms, making it difficult to get any laundry done.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Slow elevators
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank dawright03
Missouri
Reviewed June 29, 2008

This was a wonderful place. I read reviews and was a little nervous at first, but it was great and I will be returning to the same hotel next year. Deluxe rooms are a little over 500 square feet, so they are smaller. However, surrounded by glass, I didn't care! Kitchens were stocked, the bathroom was clean. (No ants, as I had read on a separate review). Wait for the elevators was about 2-3 minutes.......totally bearable when you are staying on the beach. The walk across the road to the parking garage was absolutely safe. The Pier 14 Restaurant was very entertaining with good food, although a bit pricey.

• Liked — Great view with friendly people
  • Disliked — That it is so far away!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank kdi840s
Connecticut
Reviewed May 25, 2008

We stayed a week and had a great time. The one bedroom unit was small, but we travel light and had no problem. Wanted for nothing. Found everything very neat and clean. Plenty of chairs and lounges and loved the heated indoor and outdoor pools and the hot tubs. Spent time on the beach and then retired to the pool area every day. Great fun and entertainment watching all the goings on since our unit was on the street side. A restaurant right across the street for breakfast and lunch. A lovely restaurant and bar on the beachside.
I found the front desk to be always most helpful. No problem checking in or out. Would go back.

Stayed May 2008