“Great location”

Ranked #59 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Manquin, Virginia, United States
“Great location”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is our 3rd family vacation, and we love coming to SeaGlass Tower. The view is spectacular, and the location right next to the boardwalk and SkyWheel is perfect. There is no WiFi which was surprising and no fitness center. Overall, a great time was had by all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JohnLucy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reidsville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2013

First of all I want to make a clear distinction between the staff who ran this hotel and the company that owns in (Blue Green Resorts). My partner and I had a horrible experience with Blue Green and would never consider buying a time share from them, but we did enjoy this hotel. The staff was great (Kathy, Kelly, Chris, Al, and Kimberly). The rooms are a bit small but they are perfect for couples and the large glass windows are awesome. We were on the 17th floor facing the Sky Wheel. The room had everything you would need including a jacuzzi tub! The location of the resort was also great as we could walk to everything on the strip within five minutes. We we're upgrade to an ocean front room for just asking.

Room Tip: Go ocean front. The Sky Wheel is lit up at night but there are shades to block the light. Just somet...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jbryantc
NC
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent 4 nights in an oceanview room on the 12th floor on the North facing side. The views were gorgeous as we could see all the way up the shoreline along the top of the Yachtsman building. We loved all the glass. Nice sized bathroom and daily towel exchange if needed. The only real complaints we had were that at about 7am every morning the elevator would wake us up. It sounded like a train on the tracks. I was a bit disappointed that you had to go to the lobby for internet service unless you had a laptop that connects with ethernet cable. All of the desk clerks were friendly and helpful. The room was small as expected, but the chaise by the window was awesome. We didn't use the pools at all since we were there the end of December. Overall the location is great (at least for a couple of our age (40+) in the winter), not sure what it would be like in Summer when there are a lot more people around. This hotel is within walking distance of several restaurants and the Skywheel and boardwalk.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I made my reservation at this timeshare property using ownership points. I was assigned an oceanfront 1 BR condo on a high floor. The views were absolutely astounding, both night and day. Nevertheless, I have to say that overall, my three night stay was a disappointment.

Layout of the unit was good, as were the bath and the towels and the toiletries provided. These additional plusses did not, however, make up for no wifi. Come on guys, even the cheapest, grungiest Myrtle Beach motels are offering free wifi. All you have is wired DSL which you charge for. My tablet does not even have an ethernet connection so I was stuck with my 3G smartphone and use of the wall mounted I-Pad in the lobby (connected wirelessly by the way). There was a second PC intended for guests to use in the lobby, but it was broken for almost all of the time that I was there.

I have to say that I was also disappointed by the front desk staff. While other timeshare properties often have uniformly well-trained customer service pros fronting the operation, some of these folks seemed more to me like 'I could care less' motel clerks (not all of them, mind you, but certainly some). Maybe its Myrtle Beach - or maybe the staff just mimics the attitude of senior management that shows (again, through things like the lack of wifi) that they care more about bucks than they do satisfying their customers. By the way, a fitness center would be a great addition as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Joe G
Vatious
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Unlike Craig F, we checked in to SeaGlass and do indeed have free Internet service. While it does need a wired connection, the service is at no additional cost.

Wi-fi requires servers, and in a building this size, multitudes of them. At construction it appears the building was wired for Cat 5 connections. If you wish to use your iPod, etc, then I suggest you provide your own hot spot via your cell service provider.

Otherwise, I find this resort to be very plesant. And naturally the oceanview and oceanfront units are the most desireable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The shame is this is a really, really beautiful hotel, despite being 25 years old. The rooms are great with wonderful views, indoor heated pool, hot tub, all glass suite with full kitchen and very comfortable beds, whirlpool tubs in every room....
But leave your laptop, smart phones & i-pads at home because the owners of this resort still think that INTERNET service, is some type of extra luxury item and then shoot themselves in the foot by cutting off their customers from the rest of the world. Not to mention a total LACK of WiFi service, so too bad I-pad owners. They haven't entered the '90's yet and don't offer WiFi at any price.
Oh, but you can connect in your room, via a network cable for only $9.95 per day. Wow! Boy I'm I ever glad I didn't waste 90 minutes on their high pressure time-share sales pitch. Who in the world would want to pay $70 per week extra, just so they could check their freakin' email??? Why not charge $10 per day for a tv and $10 for clean towels and $20 for a set of sheets. Once again its the higher end, nicer hotels that are owned by IDIOTS that can't seem to understand that there are probably 10,000 empty hotel rooms available with free wifi in Myrtle Beach this time of year and maybe their customers might like to log-on. What's worse is they don't even have a business office where you can log on for free... Oh they have a network connection in the lobby, but guess what? That costs $9.95 as well!
So, for a lack of ONE SIMPLE service, they not only lost us as a repeat customer, they also lost the 5 Star review I would have gladly given them if they they were not so shortsighted and greedy for an extra $10. Oh and guess what? They still didn't get it, because I walked down the street where the city of Myrtle Beach offers FREE WIFI! IDIOTS!!!
So why are you staying there?

Room Tip: With Hundreds of great hotels available that do offer free internet service... stay in one of those...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Craig F
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I use SeaGlass Tower as our getaway at least once a year. Since the rooms are on the smaller side, and don't have washer/dryer, etc., they are better suited for a couple. When taking the kids, we have stayed at Shore Crest and the Carolina Grande. The views from SeaGlass are amazing and romantic for those times when Mom and Dad need peace and quiet!

Room Tip: Obviously the best rooms are the ones that face the ocean.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple