“Very Pleased”
Review of SeaGlass Tower

SeaGlass Tower
Ranked #50 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We just got back from a week stay at the Seaglass Tower and was very pleased...We had an ocean view standard and yes it was small but I liked it and thought it was quaint!! Nice view of the ocean and very clean pool..Room furniture is a little dated but still fine...We would stay again!! Housekeeping was friendly and prompt and location was awesome!! Kitchen was stocked with everything one needs!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank pammy7

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just finished up a weekend getaway with my wife at Seaglass. The location is great. Downtown MB and right on the ocean next to Pier 14. We had a smaller one bedroom standard. It had a great view of the ocean and the sunrise. Yes, it is small as all the rooms here are but it's perfect for a couple or couple and smaller child. The kitchen had a full size stove and fridge and was reasonably equipped. The living area has a sectional sofa that had an awesome views. The bedroom was small but had all we needed. The bathroom was large for the size of the unit. There is an indoor pool and the resort shares amenities with the Yachtsmans next door. The only drawback, as mentioned before is it is noisy but it never affected my sleep and you kind of expect noise at Myrtle Beach

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank cdc101379
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Booked through Bluegreen. This was our 2nd trip to MB. Last year we stayed at Harbour Lights which isn't on the beach due to last minute booking. ThIs year I book 1 year in advance, I had 3 choices at that time, city view std, city view delx, or ocean view std. If I was staying at a place on the beach obviously I want to see the ocean so I chose Ocean View std. Wrong choice! I don't know if there was a good choice though. It was myself, my husband, and our 7yo son staying in this 1br room (it did have a sleeper sofa) that had a "view" of the ocean....and by view I mean glimpse...and that was if you turn your head as far right as you could get it and press your face hard into the glass window. I would have never booked a smaller room if I had know I wasnt't actually getting a view of the ocean, nor would I have bothered to book a room near the beach or even on the strip for that matter. Seaglass has 1 indoor pool that is inside the building, 1 hot tub. They share 2 outdoor pools with the Sister hotels on each side. These pools are always disgusting. It also has 3 washers for 20 floors, and the dryers on these units are ridiculous, it took 2 hrs to dry a small load of beach towels!! The strip is LOUD all the time. It's a bunch of young kids with No manners,loud mouths (which need to be washed out with soap)louder music, and in need of a nicotine patch. The noise goes on and on until 3am or later! The people also come in off the street to use the bluegreen bathrooms! Oh and the elevators run slower than city buses, one even went down while people were in it. It took forever for them to get those poor people out. We will not be staying here ever again. If your thinking about staying here with your family, you may want to Look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Jessicar200
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

When we 1st got there they didn't have our reservations. We had drive 11hours and then had to wait to figure this out. That being said they fixed it and we got a room on the 2nd floor. Rooms are clean and nice. They are meant for couples though, not a bunch of kids.
The location can't get much better. Right on beach and walking distance if skywheel,shopping, boardwalk, etc. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Amanda F
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We booked the Ocean View Deluxe (which are the very front rooms on the beach); we were on the 11th floor on the side of the giant Sky Wheel. Even though our floor didn't clear the roof line of the Yachtsman next door it was set far enough back that it didn't interfere with the spectacular view! In the evening we got to watch the Sky Wheel morph into numerous color patterns that lit up the night sky. Whether in the kitchen, living room or just lying down on the bed you had a perfect view of the ocean. The room was clean and the furnishing were nice. The dining room table was pushed up against the glass...so unless you were in the bathroom you couldn't get away from the view. There were only two of us and it was very comfortable; had there been 3 or 4 it would have been tight. If you have small kids this wouldn't be the place I'd go because it is quite small; but I had my 13 year old daughter with me and there was plenty of room for us. The indoor pool isn't huge, but I've seen much smaller. The hot tub is huge and you get to use the Yachtsman's outdoor pools and shuffleboard. My biggest complaint was that if you wanted internet you had to pay $35. for the week...and it wasn't Wi-Fi. We were there Jan. 2012 and they may have free internet now since some of the Bluegreen Resorts are getting free Wi-Fi (finally). I am definitely going back and I'd highly recommend it; ask for 14th floor or higher for an unobstructed view!

Room Tip: ask for 12th floor or higher for the best views. Sky Wheel is on the right side of the bldg. Ocean...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank tlco1
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We just returned from a relaxing week at the seaglass tower. We arrived around noon. Our room was not ready but we did any early check in and was told we would be called when our room was available. We decided to have lunch and walked to Kmart and the piggly wiggly for supplies as we did not have a car. Within an hour our room was ready. We stayed in a 1 bedroom deluxe on the 17th fl. Our view was a amazing seeing both city and ocean. The room was very clean and having a full kitchen was convenient. Didn't really need a car as most things were in walking distance. The one downfall was that they didn't provide beach chairs or umbrellas on the beach. You had to rent them for $30 a day. Kelly at the front desk was very helpful and informative. The week was quiet once the bikers were gone.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the view. The 17th fl was great.The city view is the best.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mikesbear
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed here in May it wasn't in peek season, however there wasn't a lot of activities for kids. I didn't find the front desk friendly at all, I understand there is an issue with these bugs (), they were all over the balcony so I told the front desk and they did nothing about it, I spoke to another guest about it and they said the front desk had someone come up and sweep off their balcony. We asked the woman at the front desk to make reservations for the pirates voyage, she was too busy at the time and said she would call us to make the reservation and never called, I had to go back down to the front desk again to have them make the reservation. I believe as an employee you should make a good impression no matter where your hotel is located because in the end your giving that hotel a bad name, at this time I would never stay nor buy a timeshare with Bluegreen because of my experience. The reason I rated this place average is because the view was fantastic.

Room Tip: the higher you are the better the view, rooms 01 through 04 are the best!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family