“Purchased Timeshare”

Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas
Ranked #12 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Me and my family went to the Sheraton Broadway Plantation to purchase a timeshare. The experience was wonderful, the kids enjoyed themselves. I am now enjoying all the benefits of my timeshare and can not wait to return. Rooms were fantastic, Indoor pool was great, and there was a lot to do in and around the property. I would recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TweDan

Reviewed July 26, 2009

Good location and facilities. The new kids water park is a great bonus but the number of kids can be a problem for those adults looking to relax. Depending on the week you select and the parents that are there you may get kids running out of control at the pools, there are no lifeguards or security people policing the troublemakers. The pools, mini golf, activities center, etc are starting to seem a little overwhelmed by the number of guests allowed in the resort already and by the looks of it there could be more units coming. Grills are charcoal only but were available when needed. Pool has a bar/small snack shop but you will need to go off-site to eat. Good news is there are plenty of restaurants and activities very close. One caution, the entrance is the craziest design you've ever seen so if you drive a big vehicle be very careful that you don't run into the building or the curve getting in and out. Beach is close and you can go down to public beach access on 34th street and get good parking and nice access.

Overall a good place to stay. Thumbs up.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Dble-D
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We just returned from a week vacation at the Broadway Plantation. First off, we bought our 2 BR unit resale on EBAY for $1700. I was nervous because we had never seen this resort nor had we ever been to Myrtle Beach. Well, I am so glad I bought at this place. It was beautiful. We attended the "owners update" and they tried to get us to buy another week for $25k...do yourself a favor and buy on EBAY and save over $23k. Our daughter loved the pool and my wife and I enjoyed the lazy river. We were always able to get a tube and a lounge chair. Broadway at the Beach was great and they have fireworks every Tues night. Get their early on Tues cause the lot is full of cars. We stayed in building 17 which was one of the newer buildings. Flat panel TV, balcony, 2BR and a nice kitchen. I don't care much about how the units are decorated like so many others do, but these seemed pretty nice. There are plenty of gas and charcoal grills to use and the resort cleans them daily. Also, in order to save some money, we took 2 other timeshares tours (more companies looking for crazy money for timeshares that you can find on EBAY for 5% of what they are charging). We received a total of $200 and Dixie Stampede tix, which helped us with our vacation. Just say NO and look very disinterested and you will be out and on your way in 60-90 mins. In this economy, every little bit helps and they can afford to give some cash away for what they charge for those rooms to unsuspecting people that haven't done their homework.
We will defiantly be back next year and I have already book my room for July, 2010. Make sure you request buildings 16-19, as these are the "new" buildings.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Dennis8008
Reviewed July 18, 2009

Stayed here with my in-laws for a week last yr and had an OK time. The resort is located about 1 mile from the ocean and about 5 mins from Broadway at the Beach which is really nice. There are also tons of golf courses near by and getting a tee time is never a problem at a reasonable rate.

The rooms where fine nothing special but the internet was slow. There is a new section that is built which is more on par with other new SPG timeshares which is nice. There is always ample parking at North Myrtle Beach which is where this resort is actually located. In fact the HS is right across the street which could make for an interesting vacation when school is in session.

They don't have on-site dining except for a small pool hut which doesn't have poolside service and there isn't liquor sales on Sundays which stunk. All in all the resort was good for a short vacation and is in a good location just a shame it's not closer to the beach.

We did the casino boat thing which was terrible people smoking all over the place the water was choppy and people where puking all over the place. In all reality it wasn't terrible but we all agreed it was about 2 hrs to long and not that much fun unless you are a real gambler. Also made a trip down to Charleston which was awesome the people where super friendly. Did a Plantation tour and went downtown shopping, took a carriage tour and had some really good food on the water

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We just returned from the Sheraton Broadway Plantation and enjoyed a great vacation stay. It was very convenient to all shopping, dining, etc. and the pools are wonderful. Had a 2 bedroom villa that was spacious and very clean. Staff was courteous and always available and lots of on site activities. Check in was a breeze and room ready 30 minutes early. Have stayed in many other Myrtle Beach Resorts thru the years but this is our favorite. Already plannning to return!

Reviewed June 30, 2009

We are owners and our home resort is at the Myrtle Beach Plantation Resort. We have stayed there in the past and loved it but this time not so much. The weather was perfect, the pools were great but our room was the worst!! When I made our reservations I had requested a room that was newer and near the pool. I made these reservations in October for our trip in June 2009. We arrived and when we checked in I asked again for a newer model and to be near the pool. We were given a room in building 10, room #1011 to be exact. This room is meant for someone with a handicap which none of us have and so should not have been given to us in the first place. The room had a terrible odor and was just not what I had expected, especially since we have stayed there in the past and have usually been very pleased.

We where tired from a long car ride from NY so my husband did not want to request another room and I'm sorry we didn't because it just wasn't what I had expected. Very disappointed and when we told that to the gentlemen that we met with at the owners meeting where they try to sell you more stuff all he said was "sorry about that", yeah, well I'm sorry too!

After staying in a room like that and being owners where we actually pay a maintenance fee every year I would have expected a cleaner room.

Not impressed with Sheraton this time around -

3  Thank r0se2001
Reviewed June 20, 2009

timeshare exchange to broadway beach plantation. loved the resort the first time I stayed. on this return trip, it was even better. stayed in a one bedroom with full kitchen. plenty of room for my family of five. i have stayed in other resorts where two bedroom rooms were smaller than this one bedroom. conveniently located to all that myrtle beach has to offer. since the last stay, the resort added a child's swimming area. the childs area features a pirate ship with small slides, water cannons, etc. there are also other waterfalls and slides for the kids to enjoy. my kids loved them. the resort also has large pools to accomodate everyone on the hot summer days. lots of activities on the grounds including nine hole putt putt golf, two tennis courts, a basketball court, shuffleboard, sand volleyball court, kid playground, pool tables, arcade, etc, etc. once again, another superb vacation at this great resort. can't wait to go back again.

1  Thank stay-home-mom-pa