“Awesome Resort For Families!”

Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas
Ranked #11 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Awesome Resort For Families!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I came here for the week leading up to July 4th with my wife, 4 year old son, and 14 year old brother in law. This is an awesome place for families! I probably would not come here if I did not have kids or was looking to enjoy the beach. The reason I say this is if you are a couple you have to deal with hundreds of kids in the pool area. Plus most of the pools are 3 feet deep and at the deepest point 4 feet. Again, I liked this because my son is 4 years old and learning to swim. The beach is 2-3 blocks away, but to go to the beach you have to bring a ton of things, pack up a car, find parking, and to me it is more hassle than it is worth.

The pool is incredible with a kids area featuring a pirate ship with 6 slides and an octopus with a few slides. The lazy river is fun, but small. My son loved it, but I don't think most adults would because of how crowded it gets. My son had never seen an indoor pool and he really liked this area. There are a few more pools as well. We did eat one meal at the pool and found it to be mediocre, so we did not eat any other meals at the pool.

The fitness area consists of three treadmills, two elliptical machines, and some free weights.

The WiFi access is great. It even works in the pool area, so I was able to stream music there.

Despite not being close to the beach you are extremely close to Broadway At The Beach, the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball park, and grocery shopping.

My son really loved the hotel and what Myrtle Beach has to offer. There is so much to do within the hotel area including an activities guide like you would see on a cruise ship. The grounds were beautiful! I would definitely stay here again.

I am giving this hotel 4 out of 5 stars. I am taking away one star because when we arrived at the room it was not as clean as I expect a hotel to be. The fan had dust bunnies coming off of it, there was dental floss on the toilet, and only a partial roll of toilet paper with one back up roll. I did call management and they took care of it immediately. Then we had a good stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
John B, Front Office Manager, Sheraton Broadway Plantation at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to complete your review on Trip Advisor as we value the comments from our guests. We apologize for the initial issue with the cleanliness of the room but are glad to hear this was rectified to your satisfaction. We are glad to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you choose Sheraton again when you return to Myrtle Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We went there because of the Sheraton standard and we used Sheraton points to stay there. We we're give a very small unit with dirty carpets, sliding doors that did not slide, wall sockets that did not work, and more. We complained but were given the excuse that since we weren't owners they couldn't move us. Message is if you use points to go there you will get the oldest dirtiest units. I got a form response from the manager (twice) and no, I will never go back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Les W
John B, Front Office Mnager at the Sheraton Broadway Plantation at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank You for completing your review on Trip Advisor. We certainly apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Rooms are based on the amount of points used at the time of reservation as there are different point values for different room types. If another villa is available in your villa type booked, we certainly can move if there is availability. Again we apologize for the issues you encountered and if you would like to speak to someone here, please feel free to call the property directly.

Dereham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We are SPG members and decided to spend our time here this year. We spent 27 days altogether and it is a nice little site with some friendly staff and helpful people however, housekeeping lets it down.
You should have towel change mid week and full clean every 7 days. We got towels the first week but poor standard of cleaning after a week. The shower wasn't cleaned and the toiletries weren't replenished. After 8 days I had to phone and request toilet rolls. After 9 days I phoned again and then on the tenth day demanded them and got them. After 14 days we got a good clean but then after 21 days the standard got even worse. No vacuuming, no clean shower, no replacement toiletries and 3 of the pillows where left in the middle of the bed without pillowcases. At this point I had a sense of humour failure and went to reception where a very helpful guy, Brian, helped us get things sorted out with the help of a lovely lady, Gladys, who did the cleaning to the highest standard I have experienced anywhere. However, I had asked to speak to the manager and he rang the next day and apologized for all the problems and if there were any further problems to let him know. That was Monday and on the Tuesday we collected the towels together for changing and put them by the door and there they sat all day, no towel change. Needless to say I haven't bothered to phone anyone as going to the top doesn't seem to change things.
Apart from housekeeping everything else is very pleasant. A nice pool area, lovely gardens with friendly Canadian Geese everywhere and turtles in the lake. The reception area staff are very friendly and the security staff are very pleasant. So come on General Manager sort out the problem area.
If your only after a short stay this is a good choice. If you are staying longer beware there could be problems.

Room Tip: Not much difference with the apartments.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Neil-Gressenhall
John B, Front Office Manager at the Sheraton Broadway Plantation at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for completing your review on Trip Advisor as we value the comments of our guests and especially our loyal guests, SPG members. We do apologize for the issues regarding your experience with the towel exchange and rest assured we are investigating the issues. On your next stay with us , please contact me if you have any issues and I will make sure you stay is a pleasant one.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed her for 2 weeks last year. Lovely timeshare and great location!
Especially loved the turtles in the pond && relaxing in a rubber ring in the lazy river (me not the turtles!)
Only a short stroll to Broadway at the Beach which is the main attraction at Myrtle Beach and lots to do there!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Caren H, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Lauren_84x,

Thank you for recent review. Our location and peaceful environment makes our property an idyllic vacation spot in Myrtle Beach! Thank you for choosing Sheraton Broadway Plantation!
Wilmington
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I'm in room 2613, well below Sheraton standards and customer expectation! First off I was greeted by a robot for a manager who was basically useless. My family and I are here for 2 days, we booked a 1 bedroom villa. When we went to our room we met a roach in the front door. We entered to find the room was no where near what was advertised. It didn't even have a real door for the bedroom or a king size bed. No granite counter tops, no full kitchen, and cheap plastic patio furniture, you know the kind you find at Walmart for $10.00. I immediately returned to the front desk and requested to have my room changed. I was told by a Young lady she would check with her manager to see if she can change the room for us as she did have one available but on the other side. The manager turned out to be the same person who checked me in. To my surprise he denied having another room and went on to tell me there's nothing he can do & that reviews dont work! Buyer Beware. Hopefully this review works!!!

• Stayed June 2014
12 Thank Hollllliday
Dear Hollllliday,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our resort. I apologize we did not meet your expectations for service and accommodations. Your comments are important to us, and we welcome your feedback and the opportunity to improve. At Sheraton Broadway Plantation we strive for excellence in guest satisfaction and regret we fell short in that aspect during your stay. Thank you again for your review, we hope you will consider our resort the next time you are vacationing in Myrtle Beach.
Evans, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Spent our timeshare week, last week, at Sheraton Broadway Plantation. It had been two years since we last visited. It was just as we left it, two years ago, but was even better. The staff are great, from check-in to check-out. We were notified that money was being spent on the Wi-Fi network, and it is much improved. I could actually work from the condo. We are owners in the newer section - Palmetto, and were up on the second floor. Be prepared for wildlife of the mostly Canadian Goose variety. The individual ponds have been a magnet. They are awesome !! To see them fly in and land in the pond in the morning is great. Be aware, they may wake you up. Even in June, the screened in porches are great to sit and have breakfast. Bring some cracked corn for the geese and ducks - no bread. The pool area is clean and great. we had a blast there. I think you will really enjoy your stay there. We are going back next year !!

Room Tip: Request the second floor or higher, and you want to be in the newer area - Palmetto.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ridley J
Caren H, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear RipJones,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your return visit to our resort. The Wi-Fi has been greatly enhanced since your last stay and we are continuing our improvements. We are happy to be able to provide a relaxing atmosphere where guests can enjoy the scenery! We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and can’t wait to see you next year!
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I took our three youngest childred to South Carolina with our oldest daughter and Son-n-law after he returned from Afghanistan. He has family there and was going home to visit after his tour. We chose to stay in Myrtle Beach at the Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas. We had a two bedroom villa which was absolutely beautiful. It was like home away from home. We had everything we needed. We were able to do laundry and cook our own meals if we wanted to. The pool was great for the kids and the adults. It was across the street from Broadway at the Beach where all the action/attractions are including restaraunts. We were one mile (straight shot to the beach). We had such a wonderful time that nobody wanted to come home. We could have stayed a month and not seen everything there was to see and do. We will definitely go again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 748staceyd
Dear 748staceyd,

We are so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed their stay at the resort! Thank you for choosing Sheraton Broadway Plantation, we truly are your home away from home!