We stayed here over the week of 4th of July. We had a 2 bedroom villa with 2 adults and 3 kids, 8,6, and 3. There was plenty of room for us for the week to not be on top of each other all week.
The villa is very nice, has a washer and dryer (great when you have messy kids). Bathrooms are clean and there is lots of space. Towels are replaced mid-week if you stay 7 days. The building we were in (17) was rather quiet considering the place was packed. My kids loved the screened in porch, since it rained 3 out of 7 days. On a budget? Save money on eating out, buy groceries and eat in the villa! The kitchen has ALMOST everything you need for a week. There are grills outside, but no grilling tools. Remember to bring, hand soap unless you like to use bar soap for the bathroom sinks and dish soap to wash your hands in the kitchen.
Biggest issue for me was the WIFI. My husband and I are online students, and school doesn't stop for vacation, the WIFI speed was not enough to support the required videos for our assignments. Next time, I'll be done with school and this won't matter.
Since our kids are young, we did not need to go out to the strip for high priced fancy activities. Our kids were thrilled with Splash Cove, the pool, and the lazy river on site. We were there every day of our stay (indoors our out). We also took advantage of the tennis courts, small playground. We didn't have time for putt-putt, but for a young family, it would have been just fine. They give you a listing of all of the activities going on for the week, and they are great, we were just tight on money, and almost everything cost a few bucks. They had a great 4th of July pool party with lots of give-aways. The drinks at the pool were very expensive - $7 for a Pina Colada in 3/4 of a 8 oz plastic cup!!!!
KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR TOWELS!!! The resort gives you a pool towel card for each guest, and you exchange it for a towel every time you need one at the pool. The towels are really nice, and large enough for after swimming. If you loose one, it's a $15 fee. We had 2 girls walk up to our pool chair and walk off with 2 of our towels while we were playing in the water park. Another guest caught them and made them put it back, but we would have been out $30 because of careless people.
The resort is not oceanfront, or even near the ocean. Probably the one thing it is missing is an ocean view, or the sound of waves. But because of that, there is plenty of space, parking, and it's not crazy busy like other resorts on the strand. But if you want to go to the ocean, there are plenty of nice public access beaches that are not crazy crowded to enjoy for just a few minutes drive.
We will be back to this resort in 2 years to tackle the things we didn't get to since there is so much to do in Myrtle Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Broadway Plantation offers all of your at-home amenities needed to accommodate family members or just the two of you. All villas feature private balconies or patios, fully equipped kitchens or well-equipped kitchenettes, washers and dryers, and unlimited Wireless High-speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Broadway Plantation Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sheraton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sheraton Myrtle Beach Sc
- Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort
- Myrtle Beach Sheraton
- Sheraton Broadway Myrtle Beach