“I LOVE this place!!!”

Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas
Ranked #12 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We just got back from a wonderful vacation with five of our children. After 12 years of staying in a beach front hotel, we choose to stay here....best decision of our vacation! We paid significantly less for a very spacious 2 bedroom villa then we have been to stay cramped in a 1 bedroom beach front suite. And it was so much nicer!!! I loved the Jacuzzi bathtub and the comfortable beds. Our balcony looked over a lake with a waterfall...very nice view and I left the door to the balcony open at night to fall asleep to the sound of the waterfall. (The balcony was screened in). We ate breakfast, lunch, and half of our dinners in, which saved our large family a bunch. We also enjoyed cooking out on the grill. My teens loved that the property was so close to Broadway at the Beach. My teen son spent his days hanging out on the property with other kids, playing putt putt, basketball, pool, ping pong, shuffleboard, volleyball and swimming. When he wasn't busy on the property, he road his long board (skate board) over to Broadway and hung out. Teen daughter brought her car, and loved that the beach was just a mile away. The 3 little guys loved the water slide, the pirate ship splash pools, and hanging out with mommy & daddy in the pools and lazy river. They also enjoyed the playgrounds. They loved watching a movie on the big screen and painting mommy a picture in the activity room. Be sure to schedule any children activities well in advance, I waited too late for one they wanted to do...it was full! The children did make canvas handprints. My one suggestion would be for the activity staff to be a little more trained. I thought they would have some really neat ideas for handprints, but they basically just gave the children paint and told them they could use their hands or brushes. One girl did suggest they make a handprint crab, but I had to google a picture on my smart phone. (Not a big deal, just a suggestion). Our villa was very clean and so were all the facilities. All of the staff were very nice. We are not owners (yet) and never felt like we were treated any different. We did attend a time share presentation (though it was not pushed on us) and received some great tickets for a night out with the kids to Legends Concert. I loved that the property was gated. We didn't get great phone service (AT&T) though the phones would pick up in parts of the villa. Also, the Wifi was not good at all...but it wasn't a huge issue as I came on vacation to enjoy my family, not my Facebook! The property is landscaped so well...and has an abundance of wildlife. The children enjoyed feeding the ducks and turtles. They were even able to feed a squirrel. I had a very friendly raccoon come near me during a walk. There is so much to do right on the property that you do not have to venture out and spend a lot of money elsewhere. However, if you do want to go out to eat or have some fun adventures, the staff will give you recommendations and even book your reservations/tickets for you to many different places. We had a wonderful anniversary dinner at Aspen Grill which was recommended by the staff and reserved for us. We also enjoyed Sheraton night at the Peligans baseball game. The on site pool bar had great frozen drinks and delicious nachos! My husband did say he wished the exercise room was larger. A staff member told him that was in the plans for future renovations. As for the beach, we left all our beach items (umbrella, chairs, boogie boards, sand toys, etc) in the back of the van and just loaded up all the kids and a cooler whenever we went down to the beach. (no need to drag all that back& forth to the room) Never had any trouble finding good parking at the beach. Overall, our experience was top notch.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and it worked out great for us, but I would recommend the first floor...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LizinAthens
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hello and Thank You for choosing Sheraton for your visit to Myrtle Beach. We appreciate your comments and we will pass on your suggestions to Activities regarding the handprints , thank you for that . We appreciate you completing your survey on Trip Advisor as we value our guests comments. It sounds like your family had a blast!! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything on property and how centrally we are located in Myrtle Beach. We hope that you stay with us again at your new home away from home in Myrtle Beach where fun , smiling faces and southern hospitality are a way of life. We look forward to your return soon. Thank You

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Not oceanfront or even ocean adjacent but a short ride away. The amenities are very nice. It's an RCI timeshare exchange property so you know the rooms are fab. Our room had a separate bedroom (QN), bathroom and a den/kitchen combo room. Plenty of dishes, pans, coffee maker, toaster, full size fridge, microwave, stovetop, no oven though. They even had a stackable washer & dryer including a small container of soap powder! There was a small , screened in balcony with two chairs. It was a view of the parking lot but still nice to have some private outdoor space. Very nice. Even though we were there for one night the concierge loaded us up on brochures and info. They even give you towel "coupons" for the pool, so you don't need to bring bulky pool towels with you. We will definitely go back. Pools, tennis courts, miniature golf etc... Only complaint...the beds are really firm. I am a tummy sleeper and the "girls" were too smooshed to really sleep that way. So I had to sleep on my side...did not rest well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TravellinMomNC
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with us and enjoyed everything we have to offer. We are glad to hear that you were treated well and felt welcome. We look forward to your return and look forward to having you stay with us again. Hope you can stay longer than one night next time to really have a great time here . Thank You

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Beautiful property! I can't say enough nice things about this resort. The staff seems to go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
My husband and I had a deluxe 1-bedroom. Balcony over the small lake and the view was really nice. Screened, so insects were not a problem. Gated access that gave a very secure feeling. There was much to do, if you are interested. Lots for children. We didn't take advantage of any of the resort activities. Just really enjoyed the M.B. area and the lovely resort.
RCI timeshare exchange. We have had a time share for 31 years. One of the best we've ever exchanged. They should all be this nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank You for your comments regarding your recent stay at Sheraton and for taking the time to write about your stay. So glad to hear that you enjoyed the time here and hope that you return again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach. We look forward to your return and Thank You

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great activities and facilities near Entertainment, but poor beach access
Date Of Visit - May 24, 2013
Convenience Store - In Walking Distance
Visitor Fees -
Kitchen - Full

Sheraton Broadway Plantation

Stay was Memorial Week May 24-31, 2013. 2 Bedroom unit.

Check-in was smooth and efficient. No problems. I asked for a top floor to avoid noise overhead. I received a 4th floor villa. …1641. All buildings are 4 stories.

Building 16 is in a quiet area but a little removed from the pools and activities. We were just across from the elevator. The master bedroom was quiet. In fact, we did not hear much noise from neighbors all week. Our 4th floor unit also included a skylight which I enjoyed but would wake up anyone sleeping on the sofa.

The kitchen and living area were furnished and equipped tastefully. The cookware was of good quality.

There was a small screened balcony overlooking the pond. There was a small table and 4 chairs. 2 people could dine outside in comfort.

The master was a nice size and included a king size bed. My husband was okay with the bed but he enjoys a firmer mattress. I thought the mattress was far too firm. My friend who was sleeping in the guest room also found the mattress to be too firm.

I needed a pillow under my shoulder. She also put pillows under her body.

There are 2 sinks a jetted tub and a nice shower in the master. Everything was clean and new. There are room darkening curtains in the master suite but blinds on the door to the patio which did allow in some light.

The second bedroom is very small. There are 2 double beds which are a tight squeeze. There were also blinds on the window in the second bedroom which provided privacy but allowed in a lot of light….no room darkening curtains. There is a tub/shower combo. Plenty of counter space but only one sink in the second bathroom.

All the buildings appeared well kept. There were ponds between the buildings with ducks and geese and turtles. Everything was well landscaped and well kept.

There are tennis courts, outdoor basketball and shuffleboard and mini golf. We did play mini golf . Guests can borrow equipment at no cost.

There were tons of activities for kids and some for adults. The pool areas were very nice and there was a great splash cove with pirate ship and water slide in a fenced area. We saw many children enjoying it. There is an indoor pool and multiple outdoor pools and a heated lazy river. Very nice. Broadway at the Beach is almost adjacent to the resort with many other amusements, nightlife and restaurants.

Families would enjoy their week if they do not care about being on the beach.

Service from all staff was friendly and efficient.

Now for the cons:

Over a mile to the beach and not a pedestrian friendly walk.

There is a small amount of public access parking but no park or facilities at the closest access point.

Internet in our building was non exisistent most of the time and slow at the times we could connect.

The Water Aerobics were taught by untrained activity staff. Not worth your time.

I experienced 2 different instructors and neither class was worthwhile. We did awkward exercises with wet towels ..no aerobics and the water was very shallow.

We stay at Marriotts often and all exercise/dance instructors have been good. My opinion is if a resort does not offer a quality exercise class then it should not offer one at all. Making time to attend a class and having it led poorly is a disappointment.

Overall, a very nice resort which would be almost perfect if on the beach. We enjoyed our week but the lack of good beach access was a problem for me.

Spotty internet was another issue but we have a hotspot so we made do.

Room Tip: No internet if you are far from resort pools. I chose top floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sherry E

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Myrtle Beach and for taking the time to complete your review on Trip Advisor. Glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities on property and the fact we are centrally located to everything. We do apologize for the internet issues you encountered and rest assure that we have notified the correct departments to look into the issue and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thank you

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our "blended" family of teens, children, and grandma had a wonderful time in separate 2 bedroom condos. We could not get 2 condos at the Marriott timeshare, so Interval found this gem! I wish we had come here when our teens were little! Grandparents have a great time watching the little ones at the perfectly sized waterpark, lazy river, water slide, indoor pool-all on premise. Shopping is very convenient, and the most beautiful beach is off 44th street, a quick 5 minute drive away! Rooms were very clean, and had updated decor. Not the most happening place for teens, but considering it was a family vacation, they were content. Easy parking, and very friendly, informative concierge service. Check Myrtle Beach Biker schedule before you book in the month of May. Biker weekend can ruin your vacation, if you plan to go into "downtown" Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: Stayed in condos directly across from main lobby and pools.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank You for completing your review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay. We value the comments of our guests. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the family had a great time. We are about family vacations and enjoying quality time together. We do have many things to do on property to keep your family busy and centrally located to everything Myrtle Beach has to offer. We hope to see you again soon at your new home away from home where fun, smiling faces and southern hospitality are a way of life. Thank You

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed in the 1 bedroom and it met all of our needs. We booked an extra night before our timeshare exchange and had a premium one bedroom which was much lovelier with its jacuzzi tub, huge walk in shower and large kitchen with oven. The regular one bedroom closed off only by a sliding door (with an 8 year old daughter, this provided hours of entertainment.) The rooms were very clean and well kept.

I had hoped we would have a traditional oven but there was only a stove top and microwave so I didn't make some of the dinners I had planned. There was a small washer and dryer which was great for doing wash every other day. Other small disappointments - new towels were provided mid-week but housekeeping did not remove the soiled ones nor refresh our toiletries, laundry detergent etc. These small touches are what I would have expected in other Marriot properties.

Building 26 was handy being next to the pool and I didn't find it noisy at all. We probably would have hung out more on the balcony but it was really small and barely fit the two chairs provided.

Location was very good - a few minutes away from the local grocery store, McDonalds and Broadway shopping/restaurant district. The grounds were kept very clean and well landscaped.

One final note about staying during the Biker weekend - except for 1-2 instances of late night loud conversations out in the parking lots and finding a few liquor bottles left around, the bikers were respectful and well behaved. There was an occasional revving of the motorcycles but not bothersome at all. The only annoyance was their trailers took up prime parking spots rather than more remote areas of the property. This meant we often had to drive around a bit to find parking since essentially the bikers took up 2-3 spots between their cars, trailers and multiple bikes.

Room Tip: Pick Building 26 if you want to be close to the pool, plus there are picnic tables and a small charc...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thanks for completing your review and for staying with us during your recent visit to Myrtle Beach. We try and make sure all our guests are completely satisfied with everything about the resort and it sounds like you enjoyed everything we have to offer. As you stated , May is Bike month. We have two Bike Events in May. We apologize for the parking inconvenience as it does get a little tight for spaces. We appreciate your tolerance and acceptance of the situation. We do look forward to your next stay with us. Thank You

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a great place to stay. I have no major complaints. Check in was smooth, the pools were nice, and the rooms were updated and clean. Oh and the beds were very comfortable. My 3 year old really enjoyed the kids pool and there were plenty life guards. My only minor complaint was that the check in time was 10. I thought that was too early for checkout, especially for people with small kids who are leaving for a long trip back home. Otherwise my rating would be excellent.

Room Tip: One bedrooms only have king bed not double.
1  Thank Travelholic_7

Thank You for writing regarding your stay at Sheraton. We are happy to hear your child enjoyed our Splash Cove and the pools. The comfortable bed you were talking about is our signature Sweet Sleeper Bed available only at Sheraton. It does wrap you in comfort. Our Premium One bedroom villas have a king size bed and our deluxe bedrooms have a queen, we do have two one bedroom villas. Thank You again and we look forward to your return.