“"Practically Perfert in Everyway"”

Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach
Ranked #2 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Location, room, service, and atmosphere were just what I expected. Very clean and comfortable. Just a bit pricey for per night stay. Otherwise, I would recommend it to others. Didn't have time to check out all the amenities that the hotel offered. Place was quiet with no noticeable noise--a bunch of cheerleaders and parents were staying at the hotel when we were their, yet we only noticed them at the breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MichaelMyrtleBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Barry M: Thank you so much for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! I believe the commonly used phrase is: "nobody's perfect", so we will be happy to accept being "practically" so! We could not be more pleased that your visit with us was successful in the areas where it means the most, from our high standards of service and cleanliness to the comfort of our guest rooms. Although we regret you were not able to take advantage of some of the hotel's amenities, it is wonderful that you were able to sleep so peacefully! Again, thank you for sharing! We hope to see you on a future visit to the area.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach

Reviewed April 1, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located to Broadway at the Beach and Ripley's Aquarium. The hotel staff were outstanding and the mood was bright and cheerful. Rooms were nicely appointed. A good location for wheelchair patients in all respects unless you need a room that sleeps more than two people. If you're not familiar with the area though, the actual beach of Myrtle Beach is driving distance, but if you're not interested in the beach, there is plenty to do at this location. Music from Margaritaville is audible from the rooms, but it was not obnoxiously loud (was actually pleasant) and they did not stay open very late.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Sandra V: Thank you so much for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! It sounds as if you and your family had a wonderful visit with us, and we appreciate your comments regarding how much you enjoyed our proximity to the variety of activities at Broadway at the Beach (including the fantastic Ripley's Aquarium!). There truly is no better word to describe our area than "FUN!"! We also love your mention of the bright and cheerful atmosphere you felt while on property. We show our "Hamptonality" in a variety of ways, from our positive attitudes, to our dedication to the excellent service you experienced. Again, thank you for the feedback! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you on a future visit to Myrtle Beach!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I think this is my third review of the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach. I have stayed here many times since my first stay in 2000. I always feel at home when I arrive and happy and well rested when I leave. Obviously I am very pleased with this place or I would not keep returning. Once again, the staff behind the counter was fast, efficient, and friendly even with a new trainee. The breakfast area was bright, clean, and well stocked. My favorite muffins have returned after an absence of a couple of years so that was a big plus for me. I was greeted each morning by the smiling cheerful lady who cares for this breakfast area. She has been there a number as I quickly recognized her. Since I was last here they have had a remodel and I was happy they kept the fish tank. I enjoy watching them swim every morning, especially the yellow tang chasing the big blue fish. Room service was top of the line and they were polite, friendly, and a bright part of my day. As I have said in reviews before, if you do not need the ocean right outside your window, this is the place to stay in Myrtle Beach. You cannot beat having Broadway at the Beach outside your door. You don't have to move your car if you don't want to because there are plenty of things to do and places to eat right there. If you have never tried this Hampton Inn I think it is well worth your time and money. It is everything a home away from home should be and is made that way by a great staff from the time you enter until you leave. I plan to return again and again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MichaelMyrtleBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

To Our Favorite Hillcats Fan: Thank you so much for your recent return stay with us, and thank you for once again taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am so proud to read that your experiences at our hotel have only improved over your many visits since 2000. My hope is that your comments help express to our current and future guests that those who stay with us are our number one priority, and that we are always making every effort possible to ensure their satisfaction in all aspects of our hotel. We also appreicate you taking the time to mention that staff members you had the pleasure of encountering at our front desk, breakfast area, and during daily housekeeping. We were so impressed by the kindness of your review we made copies for all of our employees to read and enjoy! Again, thank you for the outstanding feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Myrtle Beach!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for two nights. The room was comfortable, our stay included a hot breakfast in the morning and the hotel is accessible to the Broadway attractions and restaurants.
I was really impressed with the (morning) front desk staff, they were friendly and was very helpful in answering our questions. I was less impressed with the (evening) front desk clerk. She was on duty for both nights of our stay and when approached & asked the the same questions... Was not helpful at all.
We were surprised that the doorway that connects from the breakfast area to the outside Broadway-boardwalk doesn't fully close on its own. (There is a gap, if not physically pushed closed) This a cause for concern for the safety of the Hotel guests. Anyone can come in through the back door?!?!
Overall, we did enjoy our stay.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cowpiggymoo
MichaelMyrtleBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest: Thank you so much for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We are so pleased to hear that your family enjoyed your visit with us overall, and that you were able to take advantage of our daily "On the House" breakfast and unbeatable location on-site of Broadway at the Beach! I am disappointed to hear, however, that there were aspects of our hotel that you found to be "just average". We take our guest's satisfaction and safety extremely seriously, and pride ourselves on a level of service that leaves a lasting, positive impression. At your convenience I would appreicate the opportunity to further discuss your concerns via phone (843-916-0600) so we may properly address your comments with the employee involved. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a great hotel.
The employees are great, when you walk in they stop what they are doing and address you. Not used to that any longer.
The room was clean and comfortable.
This location is located on a complex with stores, restaurants and activities for all ages.

Room Tip: You won't go wrong staying at this location
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
MichaelMyrtleBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Judy: Thank you so much for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! What truly stood out in your review for me, and what I hope will stand out to future guests of our location, is your comment regarding the manner in which our staff greeted you each time you entered the building. It is unfortunate that warm welcomes may not be as commonly found in today's fast paced world, but here at the Hampton Inn Broadway we have certainly not forgotten what a pleasure it is to serve our guests and to make sure that they know "we love having them here!". Again, thank you for your kind feedback- until next time!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I travel every week for business, so I get to experience first hand the full scale of customer service. My work does not have me go to MB except for about 4 times a year. However, as few times as I am there, the staff always remembers me, and goes out of there way to make me feel right at home. Its nice to have them call me by name when I walk through the front door. MB has an abundance of hotels, but you will not find one that treats you better than this one. You will also not beat the convenience of the variety of restaurants and entertainment within walking distance. Can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Warren S

Dear Warren: Thank you so much for your recent return stay with us, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we cannot thank you enough for your continued loyalty to our location. We realize the importance of the level of service you describe, especially to corporate travelers such as yourself who stay with our brands weekly, and we take pride in recognizing our frequent visitors and ensuring that they feel right at home when staying with us! Again, thank you for your kind words and for honoring our staff as "friendliest in the country!" We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We recently stayed here while visiting Myrtle Beach for a wedding. Overall we had a great stay. The front desk staff were very friendly and proactive in offering help and suggestions. The room was nice and clean, and a good size. There are some nice facilities including pools (indoor and outdoor), hot tub, small but good gym, and good free breakfast.

The hotel is located adjacent to a large shopping, dining and entertainment complex called "Broadway at the Beach." Despite the name it's not on the beach but a few minutes away. There is a lot of stuff to do at Broadway at the Beach -- could easily spend an afternoon or full day there. To get to the main drag is less than 10 minutes driving.

No complaints!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
MichaelMyrtleBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Guest: Thank you so much for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! Myrtle Beach is a beautiful locale for a wedding, and we are happy that the newlyweds chose our area leading you to have such a fun visit with us! The details you provided regarding our variety of amenities, great service, and location here on "Broadway at the Beach" paint a very accurate picture of what all guests can expect to experience when staying at our Hampton Inn, and we appreciate you sharing! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!