“Short Vacation”

Ranked #2 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
annapolis,md
“Short Vacation”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This property is located directly in Broadway on the Beach. All hotel personnel were very friendly and helpful. The property itself was very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was good, even though they said the eggs were "real" they were not "cracked from the shell" they may have been "real powdered" or concentrated, lol. Pools, both in and out, were very nice. Jacuzzi was a nice place to soak your tired legs and feet at the end of the day. Excellent views on the pool side and deck areas. Very comfy beds, with very spacious rooms.

Room Tip: Pool side (all even numbered rooms) were great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
MichaelMyrtleBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your thoughts of the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments regarding Broadway at the Beach and the staff at the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach. I love the beds as well! I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. I am sorry that the eggs were not of your liking, but they are 100% real. Hopefully you can stay a little longer on your next visit to our hotel.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor and we look forward to your next visit to the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Waldorf, MD
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Spent 4 nights. Very Clean, Front desk personnel very pleasant and knowledgable.. Room was nice, decent size, good mattress and pillows. Excellent location at Broadway At The Beach. Breakfast was excellent ( except for the eggs).All in all very ggod place to stay. Cleanliness was excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MichaelMyrtleBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your thoughts of the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments regarding Broadway at the Beach and the staff at the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach. I love the beds as well! I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. I am sorry that the eggs were not of your liking.

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I love going to The Hampton Inn Broadway at the beach! I have stayed there twice and found nothing but the BEST from the staff and the facility! Breakfast was great and such a variety. My room was beautiful and who couldn't love the view that you get. I really appreciated the extra attention that I received from Amanda and Jennifer, two of the friendliest faces you would ever need after a long flight. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MichaelMyrtleBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Ms. Kathy,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your thoughts of the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments regarding Broadway at the Beach and the staff at the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach. . I will be sure to share your comments with Jennifer and Amanda as well as the rest of the staff.

Newport NC
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Hampton Inn at Myrtle Beach at Broadwat at the beach is outstanding the service and the staff are awesome. I love going there and we have been there several times. I would love coming again very soon

Room Tip: please use this Hotel when staying at Myrtle Beach get a room with a view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guest and sharing your thoughts of the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments regarding Broadway at the Beach and the staff at the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach. I am glad to hear you were able to relax and enjoy yourself. I agree facing the lake is the way to go. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel was in a fun location next to the Broadway, which was nice. The front desk, main areas, breakfast areas and the business center were all nice and well kept. Front desk very professional. However, I had issues with several things.
1. The main hallway and my room smelled like heavy mildew and that made my sinuses go nuts.
2. The windows don't even open 6" so that you can air out the room or get fresh air. I did not like that one bit.
3. I did not get the type of room that I had asked for. I thought it was high for what it was.
4. The furniture was falling apart. The legs on the coffee table were all loose, the desk legs were loose, and the sofa was dirty and worn. The kitchenette area was not that attractive at all. But if you have a family and want to save money on food, this type of room would be an excellent choice.
5. The channel line up was totally wrong. They had switched providers and not updated the cards.
6. The TV did not work. Apparently they had switched from cable to satellite and the wiring was done poorly. After a call to the front desk the maintenance engineer came and fixed it and brought me a new channel card. The quality of the TV, even after it worked, was very poor.
7. The room had heavy mildew oder. The maintenance engineer added something to the AC unit which helped, but being closed up in the room for 2 days was more than my sinuses could take.
8. The carpet was filthy. I wore white socks and the bottom was black after a short time in the room. They need to have their carpet and sofas cleaned.
9. The double paned windows seal was broken and the "fog" in the window blocked some of the view that I paid for. The windows were super dirty inside and out. No view of the Broadway to speak of through the windows. Good view if they were clean.

The breakfast was good. The staff was good. The location is great, parking was excellent, and I agree with other comments about the property. It was more upscale in the common areas on the first floor than most Hampton Inns and the workers were accomodating to my needs and responded to my complaints quickly.

Room Tip: Try to be on a high floor or one that has a view of the Broadway versus the parking lot. If you can...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We have also worked with our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure that we correct all the issues that you mentioned. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay.

We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Latta, SC
Reviewed August 31, 2012

A perfect hotel~ staff was exceptional, hotel was beautiful, the location was perfect and the rooms were great. I can't say enough how wonderful it was. Will always stay here in Myrtle Beach. Enjoy a lakeside room if one is available~ it's beautiful when broadway is all lit up at night!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for being our guest and sharing your thoughts of the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments regarding Broadway at the Beach and the staff at the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach. I am glad to hear you were able to relax and enjoy yourself. I agree facing the lake is ideal for especially for firework Tuesday's. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My family and I had a one night stay here during a trip to Myrtle Beach. The hotel felt a little more upscale than a typical Hampton Inn. The lobby area and breakfast area were bright and clean. it made you want to come out of your room and just hang out. The 24 hour coffee service was a nice touch. Breakfast in the morning was good except the eggs were horrible! Being able to sit outside on the deck for breakfast or in the evening was just lovely. The location was perfect being attached to the Broadway at the Beach complex. We spent the day out on the beach and then came back to the hotel and felt like we were staying at a resort as we could just walk out our hotel in be in the midst of the action. Staff was very friendly and parking was great! Hotel is not far from the beach and all of the attractions Myrtle Beach has to offer. This will be where I stay whenever I come to Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: If you could get a room facing the Broadway at the Beach complex you'd love it even more.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SteelCiti
MichaelMyrtleBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this review, August 13, 2012