“One Major Problem”

Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach
Ranked #1 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Location is great. About a mile from the beach and lots of typical tourist activities at Broadway at the Beach complex. The hotel itself is clean and has decent breakfast and pool. Nothing fabulous. My big disappointment was the hotel shuttle. I frequently use Hampton Inn hotels for work travel and usually find them super accomodating. This particular Hampton Inn has it's own shuttle but will only use it for airport runs. If you want to go anywhere else - beach, drugstore, restaurant - all within a 1 - 2 mile radius we were flat out refused by all the managers except one. We walked about a mile to the other side of the complex and across a highway to get dinner our last night and when we were done it was pouring rain. We called the hotel to ask them to send the shuttle for us so we wouldn't have to walk back in the rain and again they refused. We took a cab back and walked in to the hotel lobby to find the bellman/shuttle driver casually sitting and chatting with the manager that refused us and the other front desk staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
MichaelMyrtleBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay. I take all guest comments seriously and use as training examples to improve guest satisfaction. I am very proud of my hotel and staff and look forward to sharing your positive feedback with them.

I would like to address your comments regarding our shuttle. First, let me apologize that we were unable to provide your transportation request and the inconvenience is caused. Unfortunately, our van is designated for airport transport only. Due to insurance and staffing limitations we are able transport to and from the airport. I will forward your dissatisfaction with this policy to the corporate office for further review and request they reconsider hiring a bellman and expand our existing shuttle service .

If you would like to further discuss, then please contact me at 843-916-0600.

Michael J Petrosino

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We used our HH points to stay for 5 days..first time to Myrtle Beach and we loved it, this hotel is the average Hampton but the location can't be beat..you can shop,eat,go to the theater, ride carnival rides,all without having to get in your car. It is not far to the ocean and we went to the beach daily. I recommend taking a drive to Murrells inlet and Pawleys island for a change of pace. My only complaints for this hotel would be that during our stay they seemed to be having issues with the only two elevators they have. We had to take the steps up six floors a couple of times. The pools were nice but the indoor pool worried me a bit. There was a light that was supposed to be under water that was sitting on the edge of the pool with the wires running into the hole in the side of the pool. It seems like that is a big electrical shock risk but people were in the water. The room was clean and staff were friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
MichaelMyrtleBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2011

Dear LMiller:

Thank you for being our guest and share your recommendation of us on TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your kinds words and delighted that you enjoyed. We do, however, apologize about any delays in waiting for the elevator and appreciate your sharing your comments. Thank you again. Kind regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2011

This was my first time to Myrtle Beach in some years and I choose this hotel because of its location, its surroundings and proximity to the beach. The exterior of the hotel had the feeling of a small resort minus balconies. The lobby(2nd floor) was clean and well maintained as was as the first floor where you enter from the parking lot. The only issues I had with the hotel was the housekeeping staff. On my first full day housekeeping did not make it to our room before 6:00 and thought it would be ok to clean the room at that time, NOT. On the second full day housekeeping came earlier but because my room mate was getting in the shower which wasn't a convient time, housekeeping didn't bother to come back. My other issue is with the pools. I had a room overlooking the outdoor pool and I never saw it being cleaned. Because while in Myrtle Beach there was rain daily I didn't get much time on the beach which is what I wanted so I opted for the indoor pool which also appeared as if it was not cleaned daily and required some repairs.

There was complementary breakfast which was very nice and included a waffle bar - a big hit, a couple of hot offerings and all the elements of a continental breakfast. The surrounding shops, restaurants and night clubs provide sufficient entertainment for visitors of all ages.

I would recommend this hotel and would return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank beachlover759
MichaelMyrtleBeach, Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2011

Dear Beachlover759:

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to recommend us to future guests on TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your kind words. In addition, I have shared your comments with our housekeeping department to avoid future mishaps and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We are a Hilton Honors member, so we almost always stay at hampton inn whenever we are on vacation. I have to say that this has been my worst experience ever. First of all, we got assigned a room and when we went into it, the room looked like it was still being used by people. The room had not been cleaned at all. So, we had to go back to the lobby and I do have to say that they were very nice and apologetic and gave us an upgraded room. But then, a couple of days later we came back from the beach, and the room stunk of cigarettes smoke (mind you the hotel is smoke free). All the hotel could do was put in some ozone machine. Then a couple of days into our stay, we had a bag sitting on our floor with some merchandise from hard rock cafe and that was gone. So, all in all, a very dissapointing stay. And for cherry on top, the elevator has been broken more than it has actually been working and the pool is disgustingly dirty.

2  Thank linawalton
Reviewed July 6, 2011

When my boyfriend booked the hotel I had no idea what to expect. The hotel was located right in walking distance of what they called Broadway at the Beach. It kind of reminded me of Coney Island. I thought it was a great location to be at.
The staff at the hotel was friendly, although they seemed to be a tad bit under staffed. There were several times that I passed the front desk and there was only one person working while the phone was ringing off of the hook. The bedroom was just like I expected a hotel room to be, very clean, no complaints there. This is truly a family friendly hotel. We went swimming often in the pool and both times there were children every where, whether it was the indoor or outdoor pool. If you're looking for a nice place to bring your family that is about a five minute drive or so from the beach, then this is the place. I wouldn't say it is a place for a couples. I can't count the number of times I was splashed by kids in the pool. :)

1  Thank Mahogany20
HamptonBroadway, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel property. We are definitely very proud of our location and our guests love to be right on-site of it all here at Broadway. Our summer months are very busy and I do apologize that we seemed under staffed during your visit. I hope that you'll return to visit us sometime in the future. We would love to have you again!

Kindest regards,

Lisa Pierce
Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach
Sales Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2011

We picked this Hampton Inn & Suites at Broadway at the Beach because it is in a great location and very convenient for all of Myrtle Beach. You are only 15 minutes to Murrells Inlet and North Myrtle Beach. I was on business and down time with friends. I would highly recommend this hotel just for the convenience of restaurants and nightlife for clients but also a great family hotel for kid's entertainment and shopping. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were great with good beds, cool a/c, flat screen TV, wireless and especially water pressure in the shower. My room overlooked Broadway at the Beach what a great view of everything. The hotel is so convenient that we could walk to the shops, restaurants, movie theater and nightlife. The beach was very easy to get to and park. Thanks and I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking Broadway at the Beach