“Great Family Vacation”

Ranked #54 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Michigan
“Great Family Vacation”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We vacationed here in July (Wife, Daughter, Sister, Niece, Mother and I) and we had a wonderful experience. Large pool with the fountain in it is where we spent most of our time. The girls loved this pool, because there were benches to sit on plus they were able to touch, so they could swim and walk as they wanted.

We stayed in a nice unit that looked out at the inter-coastal waterway. The unit had a master bedroom with a full bath and a soaker tub. The second bedroom had two queen beds. The balcony was screened in and was a nice spot to relax and have a beer.

The bar at the large pool made some good mixed drinks and they always had some decent music playing.

The only bad thing was when we checked in the garbage from the prior guests was left on the entry way and it attracted a lot of ants. We had to call 24 hours later because the staff still hadn't removed the trash. When they removed the trash they didn't do anything about the ants on the balcony, so we sprayed them ourselves.

The drive to the beach isn't very bad at all and I actually enjoyed not being right on the beach with two little kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations Harbour Lights, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello simhap,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Harbour Lights. We are happy you and your family had a wonderful experience and enjoyed the pool areas. We regret to learn that your stay was not perfect and will ensure that any such occurrences are not repeated. We thank you for your feedback and hope to you see again on your next visit to the Myrtle Beach area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Harbour Lights Myrtle Beach, SC
Sat. 14, 2013
Woke up to BED BIG bites to both of my arms. Reported to office the same day. No concern to them. Changed rooms. No incident report written. No apologies given. Office came to change bed linens and found the creatures. Must go to the doctor on Monday because my arms are still swollen and looks terrible. What a disgrace from Harbour Lights personnel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank murphy949
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations Harbour Lights, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hello murphy949,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Harbour Lights. Your comments certainly concern us. We aim to share happiness and provide quality accommodations and service to all of our guests. As there is no room number 351 at the resort, we kindly ask that you contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com so that we may discuss your experience further. Thank you again for your feedback.
new jersey
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently stayed at Harbour Lights Resort over Labor day weekend, (9/1-9/6/13). I must admit before arriving I was a little nervous about what to expect because of some negative reviews that I had read before my trip. I will say you can't believe everything that you read! Upon our arrival we were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the grounds were. Check in was a breeze. we then went to our room which was beautiful in itself. It was cold when we opened the door but it was quite humid outside so we didn't mind. I must say the accommodations were very nice. You had all the amenities of a regular apt. , washer and dryer included. I too am a Blue green Owner and we did not have a bad experience that a previous reviewer complained about. Actually it was very quiet where we were located, the parking lot in our area stayed full so maybe it was just a bad group that checked in at that time. My husband and Father-in-law loved it they were able to go fishing to days in a row. I also liked the location which was close to the highway and the mall. Aside from the old mall and old amusement park that were there it didn't seem like a bad area. Actually I went down to the beach area and checked out the other blue green properties which were very nice in there own right but my preference was and will continue to be the harbor light resorts. I am sooo looking forward to returning it was a great place or me to relax, so please come and see for yourself you won't be disappointed

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello partyplannerl,

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay at Harbour Lights. We greatly appreciate your feedback as a Bluegreen owner. We are thrilled that you had a great stay and had a relaxing time. Thank you for your recommendation as your comments will help others who are considering a visit to the resort. We look forward to welcoming you back and sharing happiness on your next visit.
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My kids, and I and my friend and her family stayed here for 6 days, our 2 bedroom villa was very nice comfortable, spacious, clean no bugs, the only thing was the A/C was very cold, but we did not complaint, just turned it up to 77, the location is perfect you are so close to shopping mall, restaurants, 3 miles from airport, close to all highways, the staff were very nice I stayed so many times in private homes, hotels, and other resorts but this one was perfect for us. We will come back next year

Room Tip: rooms near the office are very quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations Harbour Lights, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hello xprincesa,

Thank you for spending part of your summer with us at Harbour Lights. We are thrilled that you found the resort perfect for your group and the accommodations comfortable and spacious. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We bought a deal through BassPro for about $700 for a weeks stay and $75 worth of Bass Pro cards. We showed up for our mandatory tour on the day of our arrival and we were told that we wouldn't be able to get our $75 gift cards because my wife's license expired 10 days earlier and we couldn't get that prize. We asked about how this would affect the cost of our room and the gentleman said we had already paid for the trip and wouldn't be billed extra. When we got home and checked our credit card bill, they added $800 more (total of $1500)! Calls for resolution were dead ends. This place will get the money out of you one way or another. Be aware!!! We've already warned our family and friends who were considering the same group, but in different parts of the country.

3 Thank Nate A
Hello Nate A,

We regret to learn your experience with your Harbour Lights vacation package was less than favorable. We would like to look further into your concerns. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com so we can discuss. Thank you.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Absolutely MISERABLE! My family and I own timeshare with blue green and have been coming to this "resort" for going on over 6 years annually.. This is the LAST. They have steadily gone far down hill with this resort. I believe they are using this resort as their promotional come on for "free 2 night stay" gimmick.. We arrived and the overhead light was burnt out, NO toilet paper (called front desk and they said WE have to come get it from them), stains on comforter, toilet made noises all night, room REEKED of smoke (called and they "sprayed" did not help!!)

IT GETS WORSE.. The guests who now stay here are complete freeloading trash (like I said it must be their free come on resort).. We woke up to find coke splattered all outside our door, so I called front desk at 9am and they (rudely) told me that maintenance/housekeeping is on the way and quickly hung up.. Called again at 11am, 2pm, 5pm and again at 6pm and was told every time housekeeping/maintenance will come and clean.. NEVER HAPPENED! The outside pop then became sticky and burnt onto the door and door handle, finally at 7pm I asked to speak with the manager and then it was taken care of. The staff is LAZY and runs around blaring rap music as rude as can be.. Oh trash was also left outside of our room when we arrived!

THIS PLACE IS FILTHY AND HORRIBLE NOW!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Jessec91
Hello Jessec91,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbour Lights Resort. We are certainly concerned by your review. We are committed to ensuring our guests are experiencing quality accommodations and service. Your feedback is highly valuable to us. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com so we can further discuss. Thank you.
South Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family spent 5 days and 4 nights at Harbour Lights. We had a good time and my toddler enjoyed the pool area. The pools (kiddie and lazy river) behind the clubhouse were clean and not too crowded. Our one bedroom unit was clean and spacious. We did not have any bugs as mentioned on here, but the unit next to us said they had seen a few in their unit. The only complaint I had was the A/C. The room was cool but the A/C ran non-stop to keep it that way. I did not complain to the staff because it did stay cool, but it could become an issue in the future. When I went to check out another guess was complaining of the same issue.

Im torn if I would return because I did receive a really good deal on the room. For me I saved about $70 a night staying at Harbour Lights compared to one of the nicer resorts on the beach. It is really nice to walk back to your room and not have to drive, so if you do not visit the beach I would look into Harbour Lights.

Room Tip: We had a room on the water way and it was nice
2 Thank Snyderlh
Hello Snyderlh,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Harbour Lights. We are delighted that you found the unit clean and spacious and enjoyed the pool areas. We appreciate your comments on the value of Harbour Lights as opposed to beachfront properties and hope you will return on your next visit to the Myrtle Beach area.