“Nice reasonable”

Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Ocean Blvd.
Ranked #107 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Middletown, New Jersey
“Nice reasonable”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We booked this room on the same day we had to check in. While I am not a fan of Super8 Motels I was quite pleased with the room. Due to last minute they could only give us a smoking room on the phone. When we got we inquired about a non-smoking room & they were very accomodating.The beds were nicely made in good condition, carpets clean & furniture in good shape. The bathroom was basic but clean with a good supply of towels. It was not as inexpensive as Super 8 motels in other areas but this is a popular area so I was pleased it was a nice room & parking was very convenient. I was slightly concerned it would be noisy as the pool is in the center of the motel but it was actually very quiet. The location is a bit of a walk to the boardwalk/promenade but we are walkers so that did not pose a problem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy P, Manager at Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Ocean Blvd., responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for visiting us during your trip to Myrtle Beach. We do close the pool area at 10pm and try to keep the premises noise free after 10pm to accommodate our guest that like to get a good nights rest and enjoy Myrtle Beach's beautiful sunrise.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This motel is nothing like the pictures on here. I don't know what motel they were showing but it wasn't this one. The pool is half the size of the picture shown and the rooms was nasty and smaller than shown. we were told we would have a balcony/ patio off our room and what we got was a sidewalk into the parking lot. the person at the check in desk was not cleanly or neatly dressed. Stay away from this hotel, its only fit for the critters that live in it!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry about your experience. I hope we were able to accommodate you so that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. We have given our rooms a fresh look recently and I hope you will come back and visit us.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After driving 18 hours, we pulled into the parking lot of the Super 8 with shock and awe... We asked to see the room before paying for the rest of our stay. WOW! It was gross! The room had NOT been "recently renovated in 2011" as the website states. It looked like it had never been renovated or updated in the history of the building. It was Not clean by my standards. I lost my One night deposit & proceeded to call & walk into several area hotels looking for a room to accommodate 2 adults & 3 teenagers! Lesson learned!

• Stayed July 2012
I apologize that our rooms did not meet your standards. In return, we refunded you your deposit so you were able to find motel that would accommodate you and your family and meet your standards. We have given the rooms a new look and hope the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach area you will visit us.
Lexington, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The good news first: I liked the convenience of being directly across the street from the beach access. The staff was friendly, although they didn't ask me how my stay was as I checked out.
The rest, I'm afraid, is bad news. We were a party of 5, so we booked a suite with 3 double beds and a kitchen. It was very cramped. Every room was so small, there was not enough room for all 5 of us in any one room at the same time. The kitchen was useless to us, because there were no pots, pans, dishes, etc. (Every other hotel room I have stayed in with a kitchen has had those furnishings). The bathroom was small, the toilet wouldn't flush properly, the shower alternated from hot to cold, there was mold due to no exhaust fan, and no counter space for 5 people to put their things! I saw no signs of the renovations claimed on their website to have been done in 2011.....unless it was even worse then than it is now. Yes, I saw some new wallpapaer border running near the ceilings, if that qualifies for renovation. The air conditioners seemed to work at their own whims. Bottom line, I was embarassed to bring my family there. It was not worth the money. It put a damper on my whole weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I apologize for your experience. We apologize that the kitchen didn't have the pots and pans in the room. Many guest upon check out would leave burned pots and dirty dishes for housekeeping to clean or expect the housing to clean dishes when they gave the daily maid service. We believed that it was more important the housekeepers spent the time to keep the rooms clean verses worrying about doing the dished. We have changed this policy for over 5 years at our location and many other motels/hotels in our area have done the same. The A/C units are on thermostat so when the room temperature reaches a certain point the air turns on and off. If a guest notifies us they want he A/C running at all times we now have maintenance switch the thermostat switch off to give the customer the continuous A/C. Our 3 beds room are not the suite type of rooms and we ask our front desk staff to notify customers of that so they are prepared for 2 basic rooms (1 bed and 2 beds with a kichen and a bathroom). We hope you will come visit us the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach.
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed over during a Friday night in February; there are few visitors in the area, so there is much competition for rates. I got a room here for around $40, total plus tax. This motel is right on the main strip, and is very close to the 'downtown' entertainment district, and convenient to the highway.

I had no problem with the room, it was fairly spacious, with a good usable mix of furniture. All of the various amenities worked- TV, heat/AC, mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom also had a hair dryer, which puts this room among the better Super 8 motels. Everything was clean, and there were no insects or pests.

Various bits of the room, and the outer areas of the motel itself, could use a bit of maintenance, but if you're willing to overlook that in exchange for the cheap price, none of that affected the functionality at all.

I'm docking them a full rating point, however, because their sign advertised wi-fi, and -when- I was finally able to connect to the motel's network, it was an abysmal, poor connection that was next to useless. It might be possible to get a good connection close to the office or wherever the routers are placed, but during the main season when these motels have few vacancies, swapping rooms might not be an option. This is important to me, and until they can fix their wi-fi, I most likely will not be back to this motel. That was the only significant problem that I had during this stay.

Room Tip: Check the wi-fi connection if possible before taking a room, if you need net access, otherwise you...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank htomc42
Thank you for your feedback. We have gone in and added an additional router on the opposite end of the motel to give customers better access to the WI-FI from all parts of the motel. So, come on back to visit us. In addition, we have given the rooms a new look so let us know how you like it now.
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This hotel is across the street, only steps to the Myrtle Beach Oceanfront!. The management bent-over backwards to make sure my stay was exceptional. I felt very save and my vehicle was watched over by the on-duty manager. The rooms were very clean and well-kept. The value for the location and quality of the hotel was much better than I anticipated. I will definitely stay here again and feel very comfortable recommending this hotel to Business travelers and families for a fun, safe and well-managed get-away!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. Hope you will come back and visit us during your next stay to Myrtle Beach!
Les Coteaux,QC
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We received great services from this Super 8 hotel, this is not a new hotel but it is very clean and the staff is very nice, they really made our vacations feel like home, we have been travelling here for over 8 years and we just love it, We really recommend you visit this nice hotel ,small but very homecoming.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple