“Clean, solid place to stay.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Broadway Area
Ranked #56 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We are traveling with our labrador so LQ is our fall back after calling a dozen "dog friendly" hotels, all of which had weight restrictions of 20-30 pounds. So, I bailed and booked LQ. This is further away from ocean - approx 2 mi - then I would have liked, but I do not mind a walk. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly, although some, mostly housekeeping, were only polite, which is fine. Clearly some of housekeeping crew are uncomfortable with larger dogs...ducking into the rooms they were cleaning as we walked down the hall. Mgmt should have some dog encounter training for its staff if only to make them more comfortable. My second impression was that there was no dog smell in the room or common areas. Given we are at the beach, this was a pleasant surprise. Room was clean with plenty of space. AC worked great. Mattresses could use an upgrade. They cave to the middle. The small french style doors into the bath are annoying. Plenty of electrical outlets - 12 that were easily accessible. Breakfast was fine - the area is nice and it is typical fare. I appreciate the cottage cheese, pineapple, yogurt, and hard boiled eggs. My son and husband liked the waffles. I wish people picked up after their dog in the lawn area. Come on dog owners, be considerate. We all need LQ to continue to be dog friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank chitownontheroad

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Checked in on July 4th and expected a much better quality hotel due to the price we paid and the reviews I read. We were given a handicap accessible room which meant the room was very bare with minimum furniture and the dirty old shower had no tub and wasn't sectioned off from the rest of the bathroom. It was like a shower in a highschool gym where you just walk in. When we asked for another room they said they were booked. The walls were so thin that we could hear everything our neighbors said including their Tv and our neighbors had a large dog that barked constantly when they were gone so we had to complain to the front desk who said they would take care of it but we still heard barking! There were literally PILES of trash outside near what I think was a partioned off dumpster but when we heard the garbage truck come the next day which woke us up, the trash was still there! We went down for breakfast the first morning and there wasn't any meat so we went to Mcdonald's and ate breakfast elsewhere for our 2 day stay. The carpet was dirty and the rooms and halways smelled like cigarettes and dogs. This is a one star hotel at best and the only good thing about it was that it is located across the street from the Broadway at the Beach.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I recently booked threw TripAdvisor at La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Broadway Area, and I must say that is probally one of the best hotels that I have lodged at in this area, This is the second time that I have stayed at this hotel in a year because it is that little place with great service.

I like the signs that they have for you to put on the bed when you want the sheets clean, it conserves energy. The cleaning staff at the hotel are very friendly, and the front desk has wonderful service. There is a complementary breakfast bar, and a clean pool and hot tub to swim in. I personally like the FItness Center, its my gym away from home.

This is were I will always stay in Myrtle Beach!

Joshua

Room Tip: Top Floor (Best Rooms)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joshua M
A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed July 10, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 9, 2013

For 220 a night stay some place else. My husband and I stayed here because of the proximity to Broadway at the Beach. We are not picky travelers but the health department needs to pay them a visit. It needs to be renovated in the worst way. The furniture had numerous stains and the room carried a musty smell almost like urine.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank LaurenHuey2
Reviewed July 8, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were traveling with our small dog and pet friendly hotels were very limited since we booked close to our travel date. So, we opted for the La Quinta as we have a friend who manages the one local to us and the location was good, across street from Broadway. Check in on Thursday, July 4th was quick and the desk attendant was very friendly and offered some dining suggestions. The room (deluxe king) was large separate bedroom, a mini fridge and microwave as advertised. The sofa was small (pull out double bed) and was not comfortable. There was a small desk area with a chair. No other furniture. An extra comfortable chair would have been nice (and expected). The room (134) is in need of update. Although clean, it just looked old. The bed was not comfortable. I think the mattress was just worn out. Unable to comment on daily room attendance since we kept the "do not disturb" sign on the door since we had our dog with us. The trash cans in the halls and outside the building remained full and I noticed that the same trash remained in the cans several days. This was disturbing and quite disgusting. The complimentary breakfast was limited to carbs and boiled eggs. So, we opted to go out for breakfast (Manny's was excellent). We checked out on Sunday, July 7th and are unable to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends