“Old and dirty”

Ranked #143 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Old and dirty”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel is in great need of remodeling and cleaning. Our room was not properly cleaned and the kitchen items had dried food on them. The hotel's corridors, stairwells, and elevator were also dirty and things were cracked and broken. Even though the pool is within a glass enclosure, it is very cold. The only place in the hotel that looks decent is the lobby. The breakfast was sufficient; however, I would not stay here again because of the condition of the hotel and the lack of cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Henry VA
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. The view was great from the 5th floor, staff (all shifts) were pleasant and helpful. My friends and I had 2 rooms that adjoined and both were very nice and comfortable. This is not a five star hotel so if that's what you are looking for keep shopping. This is was a very affordable hotel that needs some minor updating, but it was very clean and served its purpose. The only small thing is (and I knew this when I booked the room) during bike week you CAN NOT park your trailers in the parking lot, but you can take them a few miles away to Jammin' Leathers and you can park them for free, you may think that this would be a problem but it worked out well for us cause they had some much going on over there we went there everyday (car shows, free hot dogs and SALES). This hotel is within walking distance of a lot of stuff. We walked to Denny's every night (actually early morning) I would stay here again and suggest to my friends.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to park your bike trailers.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed at Quality Inn hotels and have always been pleased. This is by far, the worst experience that I have had. The bathroom was filthy, floors were filthy. The entry area was not only old in appearance, but apparently there is no preventive maintenance. The doors to the building were left open all night and a key was not needed to enter the building. I thought the elevator floor was going to split in half, so I lugged my four bags of luggage up four floors. I was a single female traveling alone and found the halls dark. I did not want to leave my room once I entered it, unsure of strangers lurking the area. On the positive side, there was a large flat scree tv in the room and the area where the beds were located was more appealing than the rest of the room. It seems that it started to be remodeled, new carpet on floors and new bedding. If i was able to turn my back to the other half of the room, it would have been bearable. Front desk was very friendly and as helpful as they could be in the situation. Once I saw the room, I wanted to cancel my reservation for the three nights. Per front desk and the regulations, I had missed the deadline, so whether I stayed or left,I was still going to be charged for the one night. So I spent the evening looking for another place to stay on my vacation. I stood in one spot while taking a shower, did not want to touch the shower curtains and I literally closed my eyes while in the bathroom as not to gag. I am not a germaphobe, but I like a clean bathroom and kitchen. Don't know if this was party central at one point, but interior and exterior are pretty worn. The pool...I wont even discuss. My biggest advice, when making reservations see if the reservation can be cancelled the day of check in and get there early to check the room before actually checking in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tina J

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel and the rates were great and the view from our balcony was wonderful, it wasnt front row but we did have a clear view of the ocean and ways. It was very close to all attractions and activities. The front desk and owner were Super Friendly and helpful! Breakfast was filling as well! I would recommend this to any friend or person visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I ended up here after we decided to stay an unexpected extra day at the beach. The hotel we had been staying up did not have an extra room available, so after calling a dozen places, we decided on the Quality Inn. I asked to look at the room prior to renting and they showed me a room that was "like" it, but not the actual room.

The layout was perfect. As I've said in other reviews, we have to have a suite with two rooms so we can put our son in his own room. If he sleeps in the same room with us, he won't sleep and is up and down on our bed and wiggly and nobody gets any sleep. This room had a big room with two queen beds, a kitchenette and bathroom. Then, off from the bedroom portion there was a second room with a queen bed and TV. The second room was very small, which was perfect for our son. It also had a TV so he was able to watch Nick Jr. until he fell asleep. There was a balcony from his room and the latch was broken, but there was a bar that was halfway up the door to keep it locked shut. It was too high for him to reach, so we didn't worry about that.

The hotel has had some recent renovations, so upon first glance, it looks ok. The carpet is newish, and the paint in the room is new. The kitchen is a little outdated, but the countertops in the bathroom were new. The outside is outdated, but we cared little about that. So we were relatively happy for $124 per night for a two room suite.

Now, on to where it all began. That night, after shopping and beach going, we returned to the hotel for the evening. We got on the elevator and it smelled STRONGLY of body odor. I did not remember it smelling bad earlier. I could not stand to breath in it. When we got to the room, I went to give my son a bath. I noticed that the bathtub had one of those rubber mats in it, which I hate because they harbor so much bacteria. I tried to ignore it (I'm not really a germaphobe, so if I try to not see it, I can pretend it's not there, lol). Anyway, when the water started filling up, the mat lifted a little and I could see something black. I started to pull it back but couldn't do it because I got physically nauseous. Underneath the mat was COVERED with black mold. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I had to give my two year old a shower, and still felt like he wasn't clean. It was late, so nothing could be done at that point.

I called the front desk immediately and informed them of the issue. The lady was nice and apologized, said she would send someone up first thing in the morning and I told her we had only booked one night so that wouldn't help us much. I explained that I just felt they should know about this. She said she was "writing it up" but did not offer any refund or other accommodations.

I didn't see any further issues with the room. We went to bed and the next morning, my son woke up and was running around his room. We got up and got ready to leave. When I went to put my son's shoes on, the bottom of his feet were black. Now, let me remind you that he had a shower the night before and we had not left the place since then, so this blackness came FROM THE FLOOR. My husband was completely grossed out by this. I did not even want to think about the sheets we had slept in. I could not wait to get home to clean off the nastiness of this hotel. The pool was pretty sketch too even though we didn't use it.

I would never stay at this hotel again. It would have been ok if it wasn't so nasty. It's sad that a place with this much potential can't just simply keep it clean. I've seen several responses on TripAdvisor from the management that says the housekeeping staff has been "trained" on cleanliness, but clearly this training is not working because there are still major issues. As a manager myself, I would recommend firing the current staff and paying more for a staff that actually knows halfway what they are doing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bwallace87
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

My family and I spent 4 days at this hotel because of its close access to the beach.
-We can say that this hotel is the most disgusting, rusty and old we have ever stayed in.
We found the housekeeping rustling through our bags and left HUMAN FECES in our kitchen sink because we brought attention to them, we took immediate action and report this. The so called suites in this hotel are also horrible.
You have been warned do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Quest282827
Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Warning! Stop!! Do Not Stay Here! You have been warned!!! This hotel is so shabby and gross". The elevator smelled like the city dump. The room smelled horribly. A dirty swimming pool was in the back parking lot and looked like a bathtub. The staff was racist and rude! Some older lady & a guy who looked like Bin Laden's brother. Totally unprofessional atmosphere. I later found out that this hotel only opens in the summer. I was told by the manager that there were no other hotels with rooms available for the wkn, but was able to go right across the street to the beautiful Coral Beach Resort for a cheaper price. Quality Inn & Suites is a joke!!!

Room Tip: Go across the street to Coral Beach Resort
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family