“Great stay”

Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach
Ranked #148 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel and the rates were great and the view from our balcony was wonderful, it wasnt front row but we did have a clear view of the ocean and ways. It was very close to all attractions and activities. The front desk and owner were Super Friendly and helpful! Breakfast was filling as well! I would recommend this to any friend or person visiting the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I ended up here after we decided to stay an unexpected extra day at the beach. The hotel we had been staying up did not have an extra room available, so after calling a dozen places, we decided on the Quality Inn. I asked to look at the room prior to renting and they showed me a room that was "like" it, but not the actual room.

The layout was perfect. As I've said in other reviews, we have to have a suite with two rooms so we can put our son in his own room. If he sleeps in the same room with us, he won't sleep and is up and down on our bed and wiggly and nobody gets any sleep. This room had a big room with two queen beds, a kitchenette and bathroom. Then, off from the bedroom portion there was a second room with a queen bed and TV. The second room was very small, which was perfect for our son. It also had a TV so he was able to watch Nick Jr. until he fell asleep. There was a balcony from his room and the latch was broken, but there was a bar that was halfway up the door to keep it locked shut. It was too high for him to reach, so we didn't worry about that.

The hotel has had some recent renovations, so upon first glance, it looks ok. The carpet is newish, and the paint in the room is new. The kitchen is a little outdated, but the countertops in the bathroom were new. The outside is outdated, but we cared little about that. So we were relatively happy for $124 per night for a two room suite.

Now, on to where it all began. That night, after shopping and beach going, we returned to the hotel for the evening. We got on the elevator and it smelled STRONGLY of body odor. I did not remember it smelling bad earlier. I could not stand to breath in it. When we got to the room, I went to give my son a bath. I noticed that the bathtub had one of those rubber mats in it, which I hate because they harbor so much bacteria. I tried to ignore it (I'm not really a germaphobe, so if I try to not see it, I can pretend it's not there, lol). Anyway, when the water started filling up, the mat lifted a little and I could see something black. I started to pull it back but couldn't do it because I got physically nauseous. Underneath the mat was COVERED with black mold. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I had to give my two year old a shower, and still felt like he wasn't clean. It was late, so nothing could be done at that point.

I called the front desk immediately and informed them of the issue. The lady was nice and apologized, said she would send someone up first thing in the morning and I told her we had only booked one night so that wouldn't help us much. I explained that I just felt they should know about this. She said she was "writing it up" but did not offer any refund or other accommodations.

I didn't see any further issues with the room. We went to bed and the next morning, my son woke up and was running around his room. We got up and got ready to leave. When I went to put my son's shoes on, the bottom of his feet were black. Now, let me remind you that he had a shower the night before and we had not left the place since then, so this blackness came FROM THE FLOOR. My husband was completely grossed out by this. I did not even want to think about the sheets we had slept in. I could not wait to get home to clean off the nastiness of this hotel. The pool was pretty sketch too even though we didn't use it.

I would never stay at this hotel again. It would have been ok if it wasn't so nasty. It's sad that a place with this much potential can't just simply keep it clean. I've seen several responses on TripAdvisor from the management that says the housekeeping staff has been "trained" on cleanliness, but clearly this training is not working because there are still major issues. As a manager myself, I would recommend firing the current staff and paying more for a staff that actually knows halfway what they are doing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bwallace87
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

My family and I spent 4 days at this hotel because of its close access to the beach.
-We can say that this hotel is the most disgusting, rusty and old we have ever stayed in.
We found the housekeeping rustling through our bags and left HUMAN FECES in our kitchen sink because we brought attention to them, we took immediate action and report this. The so called suites in this hotel are also horrible.
You have been warned do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Quest282827
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Warning! Stop!! Do Not Stay Here! You have been warned!!! This hotel is so shabby and gross". The elevator smelled like the city dump. The room smelled horribly. A dirty swimming pool was in the back parking lot and looked like a bathtub. The staff was racist and rude! Some older lady & a guy who looked like Bin Laden's brother. Totally unprofessional atmosphere. I later found out that this hotel only opens in the summer. I was told by the manager that there were no other hotels with rooms available for the wkn, but was able to go right across the street to the beautiful Coral Beach Resort for a cheaper price. Quality Inn & Suites is a joke!!!

Room Tip: Go across the street to Coral Beach Resort
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Dexluvsroadtrips
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed in Myrtle from May 7 thru May11th, 2012.

Let me first start by saying that the May 2011 to May 2012 year my family (37,31,3 and 9 years) traveled all the way across America (Northern Corridor) from Toledo Ohio area to San Diego/Anaheim all the way back to Toledo (Southern Corridor) and then to Myrtle area. We had stayed at over 20 hotels that year for pleasure not to mention my business travels....So say the least we are versed in hotels arrangements.

We decided on this hotel as we had a friends and family discount as a family member works at a local Choice Hotel in the Toledo area. Many of the hotels we stayed at while traveling were Choice Hotels and felt this would be sufficient for our stay.

Initially the staff and room was as expected. I felt the hotel older and was used a lot compared to other Choice hotels we had stayed, but the overall condition was ok, and for the discounted price I felt it a good value.

The office staff the first night was nice and got us all checked in so we felt comfortable staying. The second\third day we did not interact much with the staff other then the breakfast bar as we spent almost all day at the beach. Also I believe on the Third day I picked up some coffee refills and the police were there filling out a report as evidently a car was broken into in the parking lot. The final day the weather turned rainy, so we enjoyed the outside pool for 2 hours, and then went shopping for the day.

Thursday we also inquired about extending our stay over the weekend but was told they had only one room remaining. The booking situation was due to the bikers week starting that weekend but the rate would not be possible at our discounted rate, which we fully understood, but the price we were quoted for the remaining room allowed us to consider many of the Ocean Front properties instead of the Quality Inn's Ocean View.

So we found another hotel for the weekend across the street which was ocean front. We asked for late checkout for Friday, a Choice Hotel Gold Membership perk, which we were told was fine and was noted in the computer.

So Friday came and I moved my family over to the new hotel across the street at around 9:30am. I left in the Quality Inn room one hand bag, my children's beach "treasures" , and my computer which was utilizing the Quality Inns internet connection for a work activity. (Systems Engineer doing backups). Upon returning back to my room at around 10:30am I found a cleaning lady in my room and all the remaining items missing. Upon asking the cleaning lady, who spoke broken English at best, I was able to figure out the items were down stairs in the office. I went down stairs and my computer and bag was there but my children's beach treasures had been tossed and was nowhere to be found. I mentioned that I had late check out and they said they knew. I also mention that I thought it was somewhat rude to barge in a room that was still occupied there was no apology. I then checked out.

So to recap;
Rooms where ok to good.
Hallways and elevator need work and would be fair at best.
Breakfast is good but the area is a tad small compare to other (choice) hotels we have been...so I bet the busy season breakfast is not easy.
Pool was clean and semi-enclosed
Area like much of the Myrtle Beach Ocean Front has car break ins - So lock your car.
Staff is questionable and somewhat rude especially after they got your money.

I would consider the hotel again only if no other hotels were available and I got the same discount again, as there are much better hotels on the strip for much less money then there normal rate. Trust me do your research.

Room Tip: If staying here request the higher floors or you will only hear the ocean. Also when staying at any...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris G
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This motel is older and has had some renovations, but could use more. It is not on the boardwalk (and is on the opposite side of Ocean Blvd.) The lobby and breakfast room are small (only around 5 tables) for this size of motel. The elevator shook and made noise every time you rode it).

The food variety was pretty good and had the commonly provided cereal, make-your-own waffles, rolls, bagels, bread, sausage, yogurt, scrambled and hard boiled eggs,orange juice, and coffee. Since it was spring break, there were plenty of young kids around, and this motel had persons screaming several times during the night. The parking lot is separated from the motel by the swimming pool area. There is only about 4 parking stalls for arriving guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean and 6 or more floors up so you can see the ocean. Bring a "noi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
qualityinnmyrtlebeac, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. I was disappointed to hear that you had a problem with Lobby and Breakfast room size.

Maintenance was informed of the problems you encountered with elevator and instructed to see to the necessary repairs.

Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast,

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn .
I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was able to reserve a room here in the middle of Spring Break, which was great. The hotel is south of the Boardwalk among older build hotels and I was a bit concerned about that when I booked. Upon arrival, the receptionist at the front desk was great and said our room was ready. We went to our room and I was impressed! It was nice! Updated! A lot of attention placed on good mattresses and linens, clean and spacious bathroom for a family of 4 (2 teen daughters), clean microwave and mini fridge. A sliver of a view of the ocean from the little balcony! For the price, I was really pleased. This hotel exceeds reasonable expectations. The exterior may show wear and tear from years of tourists and hurricane seasons, but the interior was fine. The breakfast bar offered a decent variety. If you like a huge breakfast, you may want to eat out. The weather was a bit cold for the beach, so we walked up to the boardwalk area. We found a nice manicured walking/biking path about .5 miles north of the hotel starting at the Ocean's One Resort (?). It runs between the beach and the back of beachfront hotels and made the 1.5 mile walk really nice! Much better than walking beside the famous Myrtle Beach traffic. Hotel was 5 blocks from Family Kingdom amusement park and within reasonable walking distance of good places to eat. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family