“TOTAL FUN”

Sand Dunes Resort & Spa
Ranked #154 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This such a great family place. There is something for everyone right on site. the waterpark, lazy river, and opols are great for younger children. There are larger pools oceanside and the beach is only steps away. There are several restaurants right on site--you never have to get in your car. The malls and outlets are only a few miles away. There is also a spa for adults. Teenagers like the arcade that is good for after pool hours. My family has stayed here multiple times and we always have a great vacation!

1  Thank ROBIN W

Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Sand Dunes for my 31st birthday in April. It was wonderful! We usually go on vacation with three kids but this time was just for us. We were greeted with big smiles and the lady at the event/concierge counter was my favorite person, she told me I didn't look 31!!! LOL But seriously, it is a great hotel with beautiful views and amenities and offers outside the resort. We got a discount for a local helicopter ride. We plan on returning soon WITH the kids so they can enjoy the beach and waterpark. It was also very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miminchrissie
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Dirty dirty dirty!!! I couldnt believe people were walking around barefeet at this dump. I yelled at my own kids when they tried to walk barefoot in the room.This is the worst horel/resort i have ever stayed in. If u must stay here, please do so with a presentation for buying a timeshare. This will assure u of getting the best room because they are trying to sucker you into buying from them. If not God bless! The microwave was rusty, patio disgusting, room was moldy smell. Feel free to email with any questions so hopefully u wont make same mistake!!! Onemotimein99@yahoo.com

2  Thank onemotimein99
Reviewed August 13, 2011

had a great time with my family we will be returning. there was plenty of thimgs for the kids to do besides the beach and located near most attreactions within a few miles. room was adequate and comfortable. staff was very helpful and a
was always willing to accomadate us in our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We just got back from this "resort". It was very disappointing. It was dirty and run down.
Our room was never cleaned. Cleaning to this hotel is giving you new towels and making the bed. They do not clean the bathroom, rugs, kitchen area or anywhere else. We had sand everywhere all of the time. The pool was closed for 3 days out of the 6 because "someone threw up in it"??? Or that is what we were told. The hotel needs a major renovation. We asked for a renovated room and supposedly that is what we got. Well I would hate to see an unrenovated room. Our refridgerator kept defrosting into the main part of fridge. One burner on the stove did not work. The counters were old and had rust spots. Anytime I was in the lobby there was somebody complaining about something.

1  Thank sunbather38
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My Husband & I and our two children stayed there last year and we all had a great time. The place was clean the staff was friendly and helpful and there was so much to do, my children especially loved the water park. We like it there so much we are going back with 6 more families this year. We will be back again and again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I read all of the reviews before going and it was too late to change my reservation. We went with 2 other families. All booked the same 1 bedroom suite with ocean view. All three rooms were totally different. The rooms are independently owned so it is up to the owner to keep it up to date. Our room was dark and dingy and decorated from the 50's. My 2 other friends had a room from the 90's that was much nicer but the same size as ours. My third friend has a gorgeous room that was twice as big and decorated current. I wish someone had told me about the different owners. Our room had old appliances that did not work. Refrigerator leaked water all over the floor. Mold in the bathroom shower. The carpet was very dirty and the room smelled of something we could not identify. The hotel was fully booked because of some sports teams so we could not change rooms. Front desk was apathetic and " oh well" was there response. We left early and will not return. Next time I will be sure to read the reviews when I book and in enough time to cancel. Good thing was we hung out in our friends room and sucked it up until we had to leave. Gotta live the febreeze.

2  Thank living2eatumm