“Tasty Thai”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Thomasville, NC
“Tasty Thai”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Visited twice for lunch during Thanksgiving week. Fresh & flavorful! Great food, service and atmosphere. And did I mention VERY reasonable prices - on par with what we would expect in our hometown. Try it!

• Thai first
North Carolina
“Very Good Thai”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband I have been there twice; each trip to MB. the food I'd delicious, fresh and plated beautifully! I will definitely go back and continue to try new dishes.
Two times we have had "Sweet Tea" as our server. Every server should be like her! She is attentive and sincere in wanting you to have a great experience!

1 Thank Tewksbaby
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A Fresh and Tasty Thai Experience”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We tried Black Thai after reading reviews and a recommendation from the hotel staff. It's a cute little place in the old center of Myrtle Beach. It was not busy at all, except for a party in the back room, we were the only ones dining. That made us a little leary at first, but to our advantage we received undivided attention. The servers were all very attentive, friendly and helpful in ordering and throughout the entire meal. Everything was done to perfection. The food was prepared to order including the level of spiciness that we wanted. I ordered the Sweet & Sour Shrimp and my husband ordered the Drunken Noodles with Crispy Grouper. We started with the side salad with Ginger Dressing. A simple iceberg salad with tomatoes and cukes, a very nice sort of sweet Ginger dressing...very good. The main course was presented on large square plates with a large attractive portion. Very pretty! The seafood was so fresh! Everything was very fresh and very tasty! We really enjoyed the whole experience! Will go back next time we are in Myrtle Beach, definitely!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank greyttherapy
St. Petersburg, Florida
“great place for lunch”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I stopped in last week for lunch. The lunch menu is a great value. the food was very good and waiter was prompt and very friendly. The ginger house salad dressing was really tasty.

• Visited September 2013
Buford, Georgia
“Very Good, some minor issues”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We tried out the Black Thai based on reviews here on TripAdvisor and overall we were very satisfied with the meal, despite some minor issues. First off, decor and ambiance was nice in this very small and local feel restaurant. Nothing flashy, but a nice simple ambiance befitting asian cuisine, nothing tourist trap feeling. Nice place for couples to a table of 10 or more. Excellent wine list and cocktails too.

Main reason we went here is because my wife is a vegetarian and Black Thai offers multiple dishes that are traditionally served with meat, particularly the soups. She had an EXCELLENT meal.

First off we started with the Fresh Summer Rolls, fresh vegetables wrapped in rice paper with a homemade peanut sauce that was outstanding, picture included. The peanut sauce especially was a nice change, it wasn't creamy, more vinegar with chopped peanuts and went well with the rolls.

My wife then went with the Tom Kha Soup because again, she never gets to have this because it traditionally has chicken and chicken stock in it. Simply outstanding and it makes me wonder why more Thai restaurants don't make this version. With the coconut you don't miss the chicken at all.

Instead of soup, I went for the Steamed Mussels appetizer because I'm a huge fan of anything Mussels and this did not disappoint. I'm a wimp when it comes to spicy food and I loved this so don't let the "Homemade Thai Spicy Seafood Sauce" in the ingredients scare you off. Just ask them to make it as mild as possible. It was 10 good sized mussels. ONE MINOR ISSUE: The mussels were lukewarm, almost cold when they came out. It was no fuss at all when I told our server, she took them right back in and came out a minute later with nice hot mussels. She explained that the spicy sauce came right out of the fridge and that cooled down the mussels which as someone who cooks a lot, I know how that can happen.

For the main meal, my wife went with the Sriracha Fried Rice with Tofu and she had it medium spicy. Absolutely delicious. As I said I'm a wimp and I just tasted very little but it was full of flavor. She said it was one of the best fried rice dishes she's had.

I went with one of their Chef's Special Entrees which was Black Thai Angels. Shrimp and Chicken over broccoli with peanut sauce. This was just ok. First off, AGAIN, the food was more or less cold. I like my food nice and hot when it comes out. So again, I asked for them to heat it up and again, without fuss they took it right back and it came back out hot. The chicken was a bit dry and tasteless, it really needed some sort of seasoning. The shrimp was ok, again with no seasoning. The peanut sauce itself was VERY good and I think the idea here was for the Peanut Sauce to carry the entire entree, but since it was just poured on top at the end instead of tossed with everything, it didn't quite work. The chicken definitely needed to be more moist and it really needed some additional flavor. It's not that it was bad, it just could have been better.

So overall, a very good experience and I would definitely go back and simply try something different for my entree.

NOTE FOR FAMILIES: Black Thai does have a very simple kids menu featuring corn dogs, chicken fingers chicken nuggets, french fries and the like so if you're parents in the mood for some Thai food and you know your kids will balk, there's something for everyone here.

• Visited September 2013