“cool thai place”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 24, 2012

our server was very nice. the thai iced tea was amazing! our dinners were great but the shrimp in the dinners was small and had the tails on. If the shrimp were bigger i would rate this place as excellent. Very nice decor also and it was uncrowded during dinner.

1  Thank jgorto
There are newer reviews for Black Thai Restaurant & Lounge 22

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We visited Myrtle beach and stumbled upon Black Thai when the Ethiopian place we planned to eat in looked sad and empty. So glad for the happy accident. Their vegetarian tom kha soup was amazing. My spicy basil veg dish was also darn good. Staff was friendly and attentive. It was mostly empty besides us but it was super bowl sunday.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I love Thai food, but this was amazing. I've been at the beach for 3 days and ate here twice. Wait staff very attentive.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

For months we have driven past and always wanted to eat in. Today without plans we were in the area for a late lunch. The Black Thai was inviting. Typical Thai menu items, small eating area up front. Cozy, but on a busy day it could be a bit crowded feeling. The back 1/2 of the place was devoted to a "bar"... I probably would not want to eat any night that place was kicking. I like my Thai food in quiet. Food was not exceptional, as I have had better other places. But for the over commercialized MB fare, this provided a much welcome oasis form the tourist traps and fast food that typically pull folks in.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

We went the the Black Thai Nov 13 2011 and spring rolls and chicken Pad Thai. There was nothing special about the meals as I have had ones with better taste. The atmosphere was Ok and service was a bit pushy but acceptable. The location is not the greatest but since it was the off-season parking was available nearby.