“Great BBQ find here in Myrtle Beach”
Review of True BBQ

True BBQ
Ranked #332 of 943 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 19, 2016

My friend and I stopped in for lunch early on a Tuesday. There was only one other table occupied. We were seated by Joseph (the owner?) and served by Rasheen. We had never been before, so Rasheen took time to answer all our questions. He also made suggestions on what we should order, based upon our questions. We were quite satisfied with the True Daddy sampler, so we could have a taste of St. Louis ribs, pulled pork, smoked chicken and brisket, with two sides (Mac & Cheese and Cole Slaw). There was more than enough food for the two of us, and we took some home for our spouses to taste. Desserts looked too good to pass up, so we got carrot cake and sweet potato cheesecake to go. After taking a bite of each and really enjoying them, we took the rest of the desserts home. Our server was very attentive, bringing us drink refills before we had to ask, and Joseph came to check on if we enjoyed our meal. We will be back again soon. There is also a location in Socastee, which I assume is the same as this one. One bit of warning, some of the sites show the address as 364 Robert Grissom Parkway, but the actual address is #341.

Reviewed July 18, 2016

My wife,my daughter and I visited True BBQ twice while on vacation few weeks ago. This location was a newer location for them. The food and service here is outstanding. My daughter and I had the ribs which fell apart they where so tender. My wife had the brisket sandwich this item was sold out on our first visit. My wife understood why excellent flavor with the signature sauces and tender. During our stay there was a major cloud burst our waitress Brandy welcomed us to stay as long as we liked while the rain kept falling and came back to refill our drinks. Two thumbs up

Reviewed July 17, 2016

Five of us were there last night. The place is huge and was pretty much empty except for another family. The service was great. Our server was helpful but not overbearing. We ordered two true daddy sampler to share. There was a lot of meat for all five of us. All their meats were smoky and tasted good on their own but combined with the sauces , they were delicious. My favorite sauces were the true carolia, the mustard based one with chicken. I liked the true baby with the ribs. The vinegar was great with the pulled pork. I didn't try the spicy ones but my family said that they were good too. My least favorite one was the one with cinnamon. Although I like cinnamon, it just think that it didn't go well with smoked meats. The only mediocre dish was the fries, greasy and soggy, though had tasted good. The beans, coleslaw, and hush puppies were yummy.

Reviewed July 2, 2016

Stopped in for lunch after flying in to MB. Very good BBQ. We ordered the True Daddy sampler - enough to feed 2. Ribs, chicken, pork, brisket, 2 buns and 2 sides. Also ordered a side of hush puppies to go with our sides of baked beans and Mac and cheese. All of the meats were excellent - favorites were the ribs and chicken. The brisket which while nice taste had a little bit too much fat for me but then again brisket normally has a fair amount of fat. Baked beans and hush puppies - very good but mac and cheese just ok. Sauces were very good with a nice variety. Loved the Carolina Golden which is mustard based, the regular bbq sauce was excellent, another one was good and interesting as contained cinnamon. Not a big fan of vinegar based sauces but the vinegar estate and the fire sauce were decent as well. Enjoyed talking to the owner and our server. Also met the daughter in the parking lot. Really hope this place can make a go of it. We will be back next time we are in town. Prices reasonable as our big platter for 2 was $25 and well worth it. Service friendly as well.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

Excellent service, good food: home style vegetables served family style along with chicken, pork, brisket, ribs, delicious sauces.