“best Q in town”
Review of True BBQ

True BBQ
Ranked #332 of 943 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 18, 2016

My wife,my daughter and I visited True BBQ twice while on vacation few weeks ago. This location was a newer location for them. The food and service here is outstanding. My daughter and I had the ribs which fell apart they where so tender. My wife had the brisket sandwich this item was sold out on our first visit. My wife understood why excellent flavor with the signature sauces and tender. During our stay there was a major cloud burst our waitress Brandy welcomed us to stay as long as we liked while the rain kept falling and came back to refill our drinks. Two thumbs up

Reviewed July 17, 2016

Five of us were there last night. The place is huge and was pretty much empty except for another family. The service was great. Our server was helpful but not overbearing. We ordered two true daddy sampler to share. There was a lot of meat for all five of us. All their meats were smoky and tasted good on their own but combined with the sauces , they were delicious. My favorite sauces were the true carolia, the mustard based one with chicken. I liked the true baby with the ribs. The vinegar was great with the pulled pork. I didn't try the spicy ones but my family said that they were good too. My least favorite one was the one with cinnamon. Although I like cinnamon, it just think that it didn't go well with smoked meats. The only mediocre dish was the fries, greasy and soggy, though had tasted good. The beans, coleslaw, and hush puppies were yummy.

Reviewed July 2, 2016

Stopped in for lunch after flying in to MB. Very good BBQ. We ordered the True Daddy sampler - enough to feed 2. Ribs, chicken, pork, brisket, 2 buns and 2 sides. Also ordered a side of hush puppies to go with our sides of baked beans and Mac and cheese. All of the meats were excellent - favorites were the ribs and chicken. The brisket which while nice taste had a little bit too much fat for me but then again brisket normally has a fair amount of fat. Baked beans and hush puppies - very good but mac and cheese just ok. Sauces were very good with a nice variety. Loved the Carolina Golden which is mustard based, the regular bbq sauce was excellent, another one was good and interesting as contained cinnamon. Not a big fan of vinegar based sauces but the vinegar estate and the fire sauce were decent as well. Enjoyed talking to the owner and our server. Also met the daughter in the parking lot. Really hope this place can make a go of it. We will be back next time we are in town. Prices reasonable as our big platter for 2 was $25 and well worth it. Service friendly as well.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

Excellent service, good food: home style vegetables served family style along with chicken, pork, brisket, ribs, delicious sauces.

Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

The interior of the restaurant has a warm, rustic and welcoming feel- what you would expect for a BBQ place. We were immediately seated and a server took our drink order. We all had the brisket platter. The brisket was flavorful and a generous portion with choice of two sides and Texas toast. They have a variety of sauces to accompany your BBQ. The sides were homemade and delicious- cole slaw, green beans, mac and cheese, baked beans(there were three of us). We were full but dessert was too tempting once we found out they were homemade. My husband had the sweet potato cheesecake. Before you raise your eyebrows- you MUST try it- mmmmmm- it is smooth with a hint of sweetness that is not overpowered by a sweet potato flavor! Decadent! The whip cream was homemade too! My daughter and I shared a delicious peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream! This is a family run restaurant and the warmth within the restaurant resonates! All the staff was friendly and very attentive with getting drinks, questions about food allergies (very helpful and understanding), and overall service! We live locally and definitely will return!!!