“Nice size buffett for the family”

Crab Daddy's Calabash Seafood Buffet
Ranked #91 of 145 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a quick weekend trip in Myrtle Beach this past weekend and on our way out of town returning home we realized we did not ever stop at one of the many "All You Can Eat Seafood" restaurants that everyone talks about in Myrtle Beach. My son and husband LOVE crab legs so they did not want to pass up a chance at All You can eat before going home. I did not want to venture "away" from the direction we were headed to we left Myrtle Beach heading south towards Charleston, SC and into Surfside Beach and Murrells Inlet. I did not realize that a lot of these buffet places were only open for dinner and only a handful open for lunch. It was only around 11:00 when we left town so nothing was open yet. So we kept going figuring we would stumble upon one perhaps in Pawleys Island. Luckily we found Crab Daddy's in Murrells Inlet because it was delicious and had something for all of us (seeing as I do not eat crab legs). They opened at noon so we parked and waited for them to open their doors. Upon entering I noticed they had a sign pleasantly on the door indicating they had coupons in the Monster Book offered all over town, to which I just happened to have. Glad they shared that little nugget of information because it saved us about $6 per person and only ended up being charged around $22 per person which was a great price for the buffets in that area. Not only were crab legs included on their bar, but also prime rib! In addition to the typical seafood (which the popcorn shrimp and scallops were delish!) they also had a "country cookin'" section which included baked ham, macaroni and cheese and more, which was right up my alley. Everything was very good, restaurant very clean and staff were very nice! Restrooms were even spotless which is hard to find around the beach area for sure. Waitress continually checked on us removing empty plates, supply baskets for the crab shells and our drinks were constantly kept filled. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone passing through this area. In addition, there is a little "gift shop" next door that we ventured into while waiting for the restaurant to open (can't remember name of it), however if you take your receipt from dinner at Crab Daddy's to them, you get 10% off your purchase (which I did go back and buy something after dinner with my receipt in hand.) This store was not filled with the typical "junk" found at most souvenier shops but had some very nice things as well. Worth a stop while you are leaving the restaurant.

1  Thank TLuntsford