“This place is awesome!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flo's Place

Flo's Place
Ranked #32 of 131 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“This place is awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

What a great place to take your family. Really great food especially the gumbo. I always look forward to going there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FlosPlace, General Manager at Flo's Place, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know that we are AWESOME!!! We appreciate your business.

Amanda, Ohio
“New Orleans style decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

The Mardi gras colors are so energizing, and the decor is neat. Such friendly southern hospitality from every staff member, even the cook. They were all so helpful to me in my wheelchair. The drawback for me was the bacon that they cook into their clam chowder. I know folks like bacon, but mixing it with clam chowder in my book it just dead wrong.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
FlosPlace, General Manager at Flo's Place, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
I am so glad you took the time out to write us a review. I remember you and your clam chowder and how pleasant you were to have! I do hope you will come back to see us soon, are you a local?
Hilton, NY
“Satisfying Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

It was early November when my wife & I stopped for lunch at Flo's Place. It's a fairly large, rambling building with outdoor seating. It's also on the water! Of course Nov. is off season so it wasn't particularly crowded. Service was swift & with a smile. We both had the scallop dinners. I think they were about $10 ea. Anyway, they were fine. Certainly not gourmet, but more than tasty enough & served with a side of fries & slaw. We had a good lunch! It would be a great place to bring the family during the summer & get a table by the water.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write us a good review! I am so glad you enjoyed your lunch with us out on our patio. We hope to see you again soon.
New Jersey
“Oysters”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Sign outside advertised fresh oysters which brought me in. Oysters should taste like the sea, the dozen local oysters I had tasted like the mud flats. The lightly battered fried oysters were much better, as were the hush puppies. Cole slaw was food processor chopped fine. Liked the tartar sauce was served in a squeeze bottle. Service was attentive, even out on the deck.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FlosPlace, General Manager at Flo's Place, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about us we appreciate your feedback!
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Bad Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We visited Flo's and had one of the worst dining experiences. My husband ordered a broiled flounder dish with 2 sides, a salad so small it was a joke and rice pilaf. The flounder was so fishy tasting it was inedible. When we told the waitress she remarked" flounder is fishy tasting" at this time we asked to see the manager who also responded " flounder is fishy tasting" we both told her that this is not true. Then the manager came back to the table and said that the chef told her "no flounder is not supposed to be fishy tasting" by this time our appetite was gone. The manager said she would remove the fish dish from our bill since it was not eaten but when we got our bill we were charged for $3 for the "salad" and $3 for the rice. Could not believe they did that. We will not go back to Flo's .Our dining motto is to give a place at least 2 chances but this place does not deserve a 2 chance. By the way the "salad' was a few pieces of lettuce with one slice of tomato and 1 slice of cucumber..it was served on a plate the size of a saucer.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Breezride
FlosPlace, General Manager at Flo's Place, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
I am so sorry that you had the"Worst dining experience" here at Flo's. Usually I take these reviews very serious and revamp things and try to make improvements based upon what the customers want, but this review is a little over the top!!! The flounder, which by the way we have never served broiled flounder was fishy mainly because it is fish, with that being said sometimes fish has a stronger fish flavor than other times and there is absolutely nothing we can do about that. As far as the rice pilaf goes, we have never in the seven years that I have been here served rice pilaf. I am sorry that you did not think our $3.00 salad was up to par either, which consists of an expensive mix of romain and iceberg lettuce, yes one whole tomato instead of two cherry tomatoes that most places give and several shaved cucumber slices. I am again sorry for you getting charged for what you ate. I am sorry that you will never again give us that second chance that others get. We have been in business for 35 years and 35 years for a reason! We have been serving GREAT food with an amazing serene atmosphere and we will continue to do so. Our menu has a wonderful wide variety of delicious dishes including our Creamy crab dip, Seafood Gumbo, Fried green tomato stuffed flounder, Cajun blackened trigger fish, oh and don't forget the Key Lime Pie!!! These are our specialties so if you ever do stop back in make sure to order one of these items instead of making up your own menu!!!