“Aweful Aweful”

Ranked #23 of 141 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived to the restaurant at 7:30 pm was told a 45 minute wait no problem as it is the summer here and tourist are in town. So we decided to go to the bar and order a cocktail while waiting there were the bartenders behind the bar 14 people standing around the bar so 20 minutes later we are asked what we would like to drink I asked about the Watermelon Splash was told by the Bartender she didn't know she was new and she moved on not even asking the 2 other people that were with me what they would like and started washing glasses, ok so another person came up 5 minutes later and took our order YaY! So now its 8:45 and we get seated not bad wait we visited. Then I server comes up ask for our drink order about 10 minutes in and introduces herself we had waters and tea comes back later with that we place our dinner order nothing extreme, shrimp creole, surf &turf and a scallop plate, at 10:10 we got our food, my french fries you could not get them to stand up, there were 6 scallops they were smaller than a quarter and my friends surf and turf were on a shiskob 3 there was a total of 12 shrimp and litterly 5 pieces of steak for 25.00 what a disappointment

3  Thank Joanne B
FlosPlace, General Manager at Flo's Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time out to give us your feedback about Flo's. We take our reviews seriously and we have made a couple of changes based on what you have written. I am sorry that your experience was not up par and definetely not up to our expectations of what we strive for. I hope you will come back and give us another try with an appetizer of choice on the house. Please stop back in anytime and we promise to make your experience at Flo's one to remember. Make sure to ask for me, Jennifer, I am the general manager and I will see to it that you love us!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Decent food, but I don't think I will go back. Price was a little high. I have heard that the deserts were great, but we didn't try them. We are retired and eat out maybe two times a month and at these prices can't do that.

1  Thank ernie995
FlosPlace, General Manager at Flo's Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

I am truly sorry that you feel that our prices are too high. We work on our menu every year to try and stay as low as we can to provide you with great dinners at reasonable prices. We offer our lunch menu all day long so you can enjoy a delicious bite to eat for less than ten bucks. I hope you will revisit us soon!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We were seated with a brand new server, she was very nervous and shy. But she was attentive, and when the other staff saw she needed help everyone teamed up to assist her. Now the food! Fabulous gator balls, shrimp Creole, but the garlic Cajun craw dads were practically orgasmic. worthy of new Orleans.

Thank you so much for taking the time our to write a review! We appreciate your business and we love that you had such a great dining experience with us. It really makes my day when I hear that my staff did such a great job!!! Thanks again, and I hope to see you again soon!!!
Jennifer

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were lucky enough to sit at the bar, or at least we thought so. We sat for over 20 mins with being helped. The bartenders looked at us several times but continued to ignore us.

3  Thank garnergang

I am sorry your visit to Flo's was not what it could have been or what it should have been! We take these reviews very seriously and use it as a constructive criticism of where we need improvements. Thank you for taking the time out to let me know where we need to improve. I do hope you will stop back in and give us another shot!!! Make sure to ask for me, Jennifer.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Last day at the beach, we finally decided to stop here for lunch. This restaurant is not on the Marshwalk, but is closer to Garden City. We stepped inside & found ourselves at Mardi Gras! A storm was coming, so we chose inside seating, but had a great water view. We had to order the hushpuppy basket here as an appetizer, but it was well worth the $2.95. They had an eclectic menu, but since we were at the beach, I chose seafood! I had the combination platter of shrimp & deviled crab ($21.95 off of the dinner menu). It was delicious! The lunch menu did not have a combo platter. Another member or our part had the fried oyster platter off of the lunch menu & it was huge. The service here was great & the food was delicious. We all enjoyed our meals & will visit Flo again!

1  Thank labsadore