“CONSISTENTLY GOOD!”

Ranked #23 of 141 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Flo's was always one of our favorites "back in the day", but after a couple of mediocre experiences, we moved on to other places. Tried it again about 5 or 6 years ago and now it is back on top of our list of Murrell's Inlet favorites. Ate there in June, August and November last year, just went back last week -- and will be back again next month! It's that good. Ten in our party and everyone raved about their dinner except one who ordered shrimp and grits and stated that it had a little too much sausage for their taste. But everyone else LOVED theirs -- grilled seafood platter, fried seafood platter, dinner salad w/shrimp, Shrimp NOLA (first time any of us had tried this, but my son ordered it and said it was VERY good) -- everyone's was delicious. Shrimp creole is also very good. My personal favorite is the spicy blackened fish -- DELICIOUS, moist, flaky fish filets over a bed of white rice. Served w/vegetable of the day, bowl of delicious okra and tomatoes and garlic bread to "sop" up all the delicious juices. Only thing I plan to do differently when I go back next month is to ask if I can substitute the veg of the day for another bowl of okra/tomatoes -- SO good mixed in with the rice! Note: It IS very spicy, though!
Service was great and owner came by twice to be sure everything was okay. Wonderful atmosphere (very kid-friendly w/coloring sheets and Mardi Gras beads for the kids) and fun decor w/beautiful marsh views. Lots of wonderful restaurants in Murrell's Inlet, but it's just hard to top Flo's for overall dining experience!

FlosPlace, General Manager at Flo's Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you so much for the GREAT review, we appreciate your business and appreciate you taking the time out to write a review!!! You can always substitute and get that delicious Okra and Tomato!!!
Thanks again,
Jennifer Jordan

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant to eat at in Myrtle Beach. The food is great and the staff works do well together. I def give them 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Flo's is one of my personal favorites! I eat at Flo's often because the food actually has flavor!!! Most of the dishes is made from scratch, which is something you rarely get at the bigger places on the Marsh Walk. I always get the crab dip because it is soooooo good, and I enjoy the home fried chips even more. I love the blackened fish, simply because Flo's knows how to blacken....just like a true cajun, not just some seasoning sprinkled on top. Oh, and never forget to get the creme brulee, and purchase a bottle of green sauce before you leave, you'll love it!!!
Thanks Flo for always serving up great food by the waterfront!!!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Had shrimp and grits and it had only 4 small shrimp and sausage in it. The sauce tasted like baked beans. It was tasty but not what I had expected and certainly over-priced for the quality.
All of our meals were good tasting but not worth the money

2  Thank Pat N
FlosPlace, General Manager at Flo's Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

We are sorry that yoiu didn't enjoy your experience at Flo's. We endeaver to make everyone happy. It sounds as though you received a sample portion of the Shrimp and Grits by mistake and I wish you would have addressed the issue while you were here. Thank you for bringing the problem to our attention.
Jennifer Jordan
GM

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Loved the "feel" of this restaurant from the moment I walked in, but was quickly disappointed when the food was delivered. The kids meal I ordered for my daughter was plentiful, and she enjoyed it, but my food was bland. My mahi mahi was rubbery, as were the scallops on my platter. I wouldn't return.

2  Thank luv2travelfromAR