“Fantastic seafood”
Review of Dead Dog Saloon

Dead Dog Saloon
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I were on the Marshwalk, enjoying the surroundings and looking for a place to have dinner. we picked the Dead Dog because of the varied menu. my wife had the Cajun Shrimp Alfredo and I tried the Heavenly Inlet Trio. both meals were superb and more than we could eat (we each had enough left for lunch the next day). The seafood was extremely fresh and cooked to perfection. the service was excellent. this was our first visit to Murrells Inlet. we returned 2 more time that week and always gravitated to the Dead Dog. They have a "boardwalk" bar where you can pick up a drink and walk around or just sit at the rail and people watch and listen to the nightly entertainment. this will be one of must go to places when we are in town.

There are newer reviews for Dead Dog Saloon

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Marshwalk has many options to enjoy the view and atmosphere. I love Dead Dog for many reasons - good food, nice view. Its the people that truly keep me coming back. This place has such a great staff and management that really care, and stuck together after the restaurant had to be rebuilt. This the kind of business I choose to support when I go on vacation, not an anonymous chain. Wishing you continued success and hope to be back soon!

Dudley4079, Owner at Dead Dog Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We went for the half price apps from 4-6 pm and were not disappointed. It was packed, very busy but service was good. We sat at the crowded bar, lots of happy people all around, good fun and laughs. This is one of many many restaurants on the waterfront here. Some were more upscale and others were just small watering holes.
The apps were excellent and we were very happy with the service and price. Drinks were very reasonable. The view is right on Murrells Inlet so it was great.
Recomment you walk the waterfront "dock" and check out other places and views.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We ate here last weekend (Sunday) for dinner. I had the spinach salad with shrimp rather than chicken and a bowl of clam chowder. My wife had she crab soup and a caesar salad. We were trying to eat a little better after eating lots of fried food over the week. We also shared soups so, we both got a good taste of each.

Both soups were very good. We both agreed that one wasn't better than the other. If I had to choose one over the other it would come down to personal preference. I can recomend both soups.

My salad was one of the best salads I have ever eaten. I usually don't like spinach salads but, in an effort to get some veggies in my system I ordered it. I enjoyed every bite and the shrimp was awesome.

This place was pretty busy while we were here and I imagine that in the peak season it would quite crowded. There was a football game on and lots of the customers appeared to have come to watch the games. The bar area was crowded. The crowd seemed to contain a large number of young people who were loud at times and seemed to be an irritant to some of the older folks who wanted to come for dinner. It didn't bother us as we were sitting outside enjoying the beautiful weather. If the weather is nice sit outside. There's a nice view of the waterway.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Had a great time at this restaurant found by chance. The food was very good (get the steamer pot & the pasta w/ shrimp & lobster was chock full of seafood!) and the drinks also :) Our waiter, Chance, went above & beyond ~ recommending places to go for music, etc. Would highly recommend & my boyfriend & I will be sure to go again!