“Good food if you wait long enough.”
Review of Dead Dog Saloon

Dead Dog Saloon
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Reviewed July 30, 2013

No one warned us or informed us about Restaurant Row. It is about a half mile of restaurants in Murrell's Inlet.If you are "ignorant" as we were, you have no idea that the main scene is on the boardwalk behind all the restaurants. Hundreds of tourists and hungry families roam from restaurant to restaurant. AT 7pm the wait was one hour but made easier by the outdoor bar vendors and views of the nearby water. Kudos to the wait staff who did their best to keep up with the crowd.

There are newer reviews for Dead Dog Saloon

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I sat in the back overlooking the Inlet- it was beautiful. We had grouper tacos for lunch. They were very good, not real big, and a little pricey. We also enjoyed a great piece of Keylime pie for dessert. Yummy! We tried for dinner at 6pm, but we couldn't even find a parking spot so we came back the next day. I'd go back again! Give it a try. And bring a picture your your deceased pet dog for their wall.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Not impressed. We chose the place on a whim. It had pretty good reviews. We were told 45 mins for a table and it was 9pm. We chose to wait and sat at the bar. My husband order a drink which he enjoyed and it was reasonably priced. We got called to our table 15mins later. While pleased, I thought it was strange to quote 45 mins and only wait 15. Their was some nice live music being played outside but overall the atmosphere was noisy and busy. That didn't really bother me but their food selection did. It's basically average American quisine, nothing special. I ended up ordering peel n eat shrimp because everything else appeared it would be deep fried. The shrimp was ok. My husband got grouper tacos .. The grouper was fried but I'm pretty sure the menu didn't indicated the fish was fried. It also didnt taste fresh to me. He liked them but I personally thought they were gross. I ordered a draft beer that was not very cold. I didn't really enjoy my experience overall. If their menu gave me any indication it was just a bad night, I might try again but I prefer fresher food. It you want fried, American food you might like it.

DudleyDeadDog, Owner at Dead Dog Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

First I would like to apologize for your experience at the Dead Dog Saloon. Our draft beer is usually served ice cold and our grouper tacos are one of our most popular dishes. I am glad to hear that your husband enjoyed them however, it is unfortunate to hear that there was a misunderstanding as to how they were prepared. Our menu clearly states that the grouper is fried for this dish and all of our seafood comes in fresh (never frozen) daily. Also, as a family of dog lovers (anyone who has seen our dog memorial wall knows this well) we find the title of your review a touch insulting and would really appreciate it if you would edit it so as not to compare your personal taste to a dead animal. Regardless, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again...and we'd be happy to prepare your fish tacos grilled.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We ate here in July 2013 we had read the other reviews and were not disappointed. Some of the best seafood I have eaten. Service was fast and friendly worth the drive from Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We decided to check out Dead Dog Saloon on a visit to Murrells Inlet, we stayed in South Myrtle Beach. I liked that they accept call ahead seating for our family of 5. When we got there we gave our name and shown to our table out on covered outside deck. Since the restaurant is on Marshwalk, nice breeze coming off water. Everything was good from dinners to drinks, nice view, will visit again!