“You won't be disappointed”

Crooked Floor Tavern-Rooftop Dining
Ranked #63 of 140 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A newer restaurant in the area, we decided to try this one out due to previous TripAdvisor ratings; and were not disappointed! We tried a couple of appetizers to start with - the chicken wings and the Shrimp Crostini. The wings were crisp, not too saucy, and really good - the Shrimp Crostini was out of this world! This is a Happy Hour item right now, would love to see this as a regular appetizer..it was so good - 5 pieces of grilled bread, with shrimp, bacon, Boursin cheese and a wonderful drizzle of sauce that really spiced things up!
Dinner of ribeye steaks - perfectly done, i would prefer my steaks without sauce on top but it was delicious and this is probably a personal preference. The owner, Mike, visited us a few times and was a great source of info for the area/golf etc...Very entertaining; i hope he does well in this new restaurant!

There are newer reviews for Crooked Floor Tavern-Rooftop Dining

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The menu is small but the filet was probably the best steak we ever ate. It was about 1 1/2 inches thick and was well seasoned and juicy. They served a grilled portabella mushroom on top. We definitely will go back. Outside seating was where we chose to sit; inside just looks like a saloon.

1  Thank Patty F
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nice selection of seafood / beef and chicken. Super nice wait staff. This place is tops in my books, they not only have the atmosphere but have the great food and location. If you are watching a game or want fine dining this is the place.

2  Thank 1sambeau
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I'll be back. The food was excellent to say the least. Preparation, presentation and taste were all there on both our dishes. The chef certainly knows what he/she is doing in the kitchen. I rank this establishment above the others in the nearby area. For those wondering, it appears no smoking is permitted inside, buy I did notice smoking from some of those seated outside. If it offends you just make sure to get seated upwind. Having only been open a short while, there are some wait staff issues that need to be resolved, but I have no doubt as they gain experience that part will be worthy of 5 stars.

1  Thank ScottW80
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Yesterday I visited the Crooked Floor Tavern for the fourth time. The food was so good I had to write another review. How many places are there along the Murrells Inlet strip that consistently, have really outstanding food? I want everyone to try this restaurant so they will be successful and I can keep enjoying the items on their menu. Yesterday I had Shrimp Scampi. Hadn't had this standby in a number of years; most of the time it's ho-hum. The Crooked Floor's version of this dish had five very large, perfectly cooked shrimp on top of a bed of also-perfectly-cooked linguine, topped with a mixture of minced garlic, tomato, white wine and spices. (The garlic wasn't overwhelming.) It was scrumptious!

1  Thank Barbara54384