“Great steaks”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great steaks”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The menu is small but the filet was probably the best steak we ever ate. It was about 1 1/2 inches thick and was well seasoned and juicy. They served a grilled portabella mushroom on top. We definitely will go back. Outside seating was where we chose to sit; inside just looks like a saloon.

1 Thank Patty F

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Super food Great Wait staff!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nice selection of seafood / beef and chicken. Super nice wait staff. This place is tops in my books, they not only have the atmosphere but have the great food and location. If you are watching a game or want fine dining this is the place.

2 Thank 1sambeau
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Great Food, Good Prices, Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I'll be back. The food was excellent to say the least. Preparation, presentation and taste were all there on both our dishes. The chef certainly knows what he/she is doing in the kitchen. I rank this establishment above the others in the nearby area. For those wondering, it appears no smoking is permitted inside, buy I did notice smoking from some of those seated outside. If it offends you just make sure to get seated upwind. Having only been open a short while, there are some wait staff issues that need to be resolved, but I have no doubt as they gain experience that part will be worthy of 5 stars.

1 Thank ScottW80
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Best Food in Murrells Inlet”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Yesterday I visited the Crooked Floor Tavern for the fourth time. The food was so good I had to write another review. How many places are there along the Murrells Inlet strip that consistently, have really outstanding food? I want everyone to try this restaurant so they will be successful and I can keep enjoying the items on their menu. Yesterday I had Shrimp Scampi. Hadn't had this standby in a number of years; most of the time it's ho-hum. The Crooked Floor's version of this dish had five very large, perfectly cooked shrimp on top of a bed of also-perfectly-cooked linguine, topped with a mixture of minced garlic, tomato, white wine and spices. (The garlic wasn't overwhelming.) It was scrumptious!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Barbara54384
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, United States
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Don't let Tavern fool you. This place has great eats. We went to experience the Crooked Floor after a dinner at the Wild place across the street the previous night in which we were not very impressed with. We were delighted with the food and the service we experienced at the Crooked Floor Tavern. John and Vinnie make a great team up on the roof. John recommended Saltimbocca for me and the Strawberry Fields salad for my wife. Both were excellent. John said I wouldn't be disappointed and I wasn't. John and Vinnie both made us feel like we were best friends. We talked about food, sports and music. We had a great time just being there.
So, if you are looking for a great meal with terrific hosts and great view, give The Crooked Floor Tavern a shot.. As John would say, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013