“Not a trendy joint, just GREAT homemade food.”

Prosser's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #15 of 140 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We loved, loved, loved this place. It was not your typical, go on vacation trendy spot. I don't even think they served alcohol. But what you get is HOMEMADE southern cooking at its best. The dinner is buffet style, and trust me its nothing like typical buffet fare. And they had the best pulled pork I have EVER had. All in all this is a true gem of a place if you aren't looking for fancy but looking for a fantastic meal.

1  Thank reneesmail1

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We walked right in after visiting a nearby church on a recent Sunday. Seating was readily available and the buffet line was wonderful. Not your typical buffet - this was great quality food. It was also plentiful - You can have all you want, but one plate was all my wife or I could eat. The price was even better, and our drink and seating waitress (Cynthia) was welcoming and friendly.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I really look forward to eating here when we visit the area. It is one of two restaurants we make sure we visit. This time the food was very good as usually. This time due to one of our group not feeling well we wanted take out. Now this process was annoying and I will not do take out from here again. They prepare the plates and the process is confusing and there was way too much food on the plate. If I prepared it I might have got more items but would never had had so much food.
This is a buffet style restaurant and I don't eat buffet usually and this is southern food not a healthy eating adventure.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Got there no wait been wanting to go such rave reviews. Food sucked only BBQ was pulled pork the mac n cheese down right pitiful and the only seafood was some greasy batter fried popcorn shrimp, same w/the oysters. Truly a 'pitiful' item buffet. The waitress was awful; ditz had to ask for napkins, condiments and the only descent tasting item was the coffee; fresh and the waitress blew her chance for a tip when she 'spaced off' bringing me a 2nd cup of coffee. It wasn't busy so no excuses. Our waitress hanging out at cashier acted like she didn't want to do her job. PPl next to us had to keep lifting their glasses to get their tea refilled. Menu online deceptive.

1  Thank Brenda S
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Everything the buffet at Prosser's was delicious, we have three kids who couldn't get enough of the pulled pork, mac n cheese and meat loaf. The price is also great, we have no complaints about this experience!

1  Thank Erica E