“Now that's a southern buffet!”

Prosser's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #16 of 143 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Past this many times heading into Murrell's Inlet, but never stopped. My neighbor and a local kid at Home Depot told me to try it and we are so glad we did. Went in on a Sunday, didn't see much in the BBQ department, but lots of fried stuff. Good thing my husbad had his Lipitor!
Being from the north, we don't see much in the way of Southern food, so we really enjoy it when we're down here.
Loved the fried chicken, mac & cheese, collards, string beans and mashed potatos and gravy. The looks of the chicken and dumplings made me think twice, but I piled so much on my plate there wasn't room anyway. This is a place you just have to try first and think about the diet another time. Went back for pie and there was only one piece left. Puddings were also good and staff was friendly. All in all, great food and great bang for your buck. I will definitely come again.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Always amazing food!! Service is all over the place...but when you're buffet I guess there's not much to do but fill drinks and bring the bill. Great value for the money...even for a to-go lunch!!

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I like the buffetand I always bring my kids here for breakfast. At least once a week. Lunch buffet is very good and the price can't beat. If you like the taste of Southern food good price then this is the place. Is where locals go. Also is close to the inlet and Marsh walk.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stopped here for dinner after touring the Brookgreen Gardens. We decided that it must be worthwhile since there was a large line waiting for the 4PM opening and all the cars in the parking lot had local plates. We were correct. For $30.00 we had an endless buffet of low country treats. The best was the fried chicken and BBQ ribs smothered in a Carolina vinegar sauce. Good sides included tomatoes with okra, dirty rice, mashed potatoes, and many others. For desert we opted for the warm peach cobbler.

1  Thank Mikeb1Falmouth_MA
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I LOVE Prossers Barbecue! Before we moved here several years ago, we
We're out one Sunday driving around looking for a Sunday brunch. We has passed Prossers
Several times because it doesn't have a great appearance.. Don't let that fool you!
Once inside m we found it to be clean with friendly staff and the best fried chicken and collard greens I have ever tasted. The sweet potato casserole with cinnamon and pecans is to make make your mouth water and bring you back again ..
When you see all locals at a place, you know it has to be good. Prossers does not disappoint,
Younwill see.