“good family resturant”

Lee's Inlet Kitchen
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

had a short wait to get in around 6 pm had the fried crab appetizer was very good. as was the broiled and fried seafood platters. way more then we could eat, .would go back again.

1  Thank benrickbeth

Reviewed August 3, 2014

My family and I have dined at Lee's Inlet Kitchen numerous times over the years when we visit the Myrtle Beach area and always found the experience enjoyable. NOT THIS TIME!! My wife and I wanted to treat my son and his family (total of 7, including the 3 children) to a dinner at Lee's Inlet Kitchen. First - the service was extremely slow, and the server was inhospitable, almost rude. The entrees came, and the seafood was good, although nothing out of the ordinary. However, one of the adults found a long dark hair buried in her entree. The server wasn't concerned -- just shrugged -- and didn't even offer to remove the entree from the table. No one from management stopped by. No one offered to replace the entree or to do anything at all. The server didn't offer dessert. She had to be asked twice to bring the bill. When she dropped it off, she said nothing about the unsanitary entree item. I asked to confirm that the item had been removed. It had not. She took the bill back to the cashier and returned 5 minutes later and told me that they were only going to charge me half the price of the entree. I told her that I was not going to pay anything for the item. It had absolutely ruined the entire meal for all of us. She was gone for a few minutes. The rest of my party headed outside, as the children were getting restless. When she returned, she said the best they could do was to just charge me for the salad. The salad was included in the entree price; it was not ordered separately. They had now added $5.95 to the bill. I told the server again that I did not intend to pay for this. I now removed the $5.95 charge from the bill manually before signing it. When I checked my credit card account online, I noticed that the restaurant had not removed the additional charge. So I had to contact the restaurant, and the charge was removed a few days later. This is NOT a way to run a restaurant. At no point did anyone at the restaurant apologize for the experience. You simply can't treat customers in this manner.

3  Thank Greg B
Paul D, Owner at Lee's Inlet Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Hello, and Thanks for your review of us on Tripadvisor! A customers happiness is the number one priority to me. Please, contact me personally at leesinletkitchen@gmail.com

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Visited again Friday and food & service were excellent, again! Every time we have been to Lee's we leave satisfied unlike some other restaurants on the Inlet. Its about the food not atmosphere. Although that's pretty good too.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We visited Lee's Inlet Kitchen on the last night of our trip to Litchfield. I'd already had seafood several times but was craving one last seafood dinner. Jackpot. The restaurant is not the newest or flashiest in Murrell's Inlet nor is it on the waterfront but it's a solid choice for a quality seafood dinner. We didn't have much of a wait for the two of us on a Friday night. Our server was attentive but not bothersome. My fried seafood platter with cole slaw & baked potato was old school goodness. Portion was huge and scallops were especially good. Also had she crab soup that was excellent and hubby raved about the onion rings. Again, maybe not the trendiest or the best view but was the best seafood dinner we had on vacation. We'll be back next year.

1  Thank KnoxBelle
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great food and service. Son wants to go back for more of the seafood. The accommodated our group of 4 adults and 5 kids (2 in high chair).

1  Thank Craigy63