“Best Hushpuppies!”

Lee's Inlet Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canada
“Best Hushpuppies!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We visited Lee's Inlet one evening during our holiday and it we had a lovely dinner. One person in our party had a gluten allergy and although there was not a seperate menu, the waitress was quite knowledgable and they had a good variety of choices. Not being familiar with hushpuppies, I was sceptical about eating balls of dough, but they were amazing here. Best we had all trip! We were very excited to try the key lime pie, but alas they were sold out.

The next evening I decided to take another group of my family back to Lee's. Another good meal and this time we had the key lime pie! Delicious!! Also had the combination platters and it was very good.

A quieter restaurant in Murrell's Inlet, more geared towards families or older groups,

Visited June 2013
2 Thank RachelleRachelle

McDonough, Georgia
“ALWAYS GREAT!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

There's a reason Lee's is consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in South Carolina. We had about a 30-minute wait and at least 2 parties who were leaving told us "don't worry -it's worth the wait!" But we already knew that, since it's one of our favorites!! No, you don't have scenic waterfront dining -- but what you do have is consistently great service and some of the freshest, most perfectly-prepared seafood you can find ANYWHERE. Only appetizer we've tried is the onion rings, and they're awesome! We've just never eaten anything at Lee's that wasn't absolutely delicious. Whether broiled or fried, best scallops I've ever eaten -- always moist, tender and cooked to perfection. Perfect fried shrimp. Delicious shrimp creole (just a little "heat", but not too spicy). I don't normally order salads for an entree, but Lee's dinner salad w/grilled shrimp is wonderful -- huge, fresh salad topped with delicious grilled shrimp -- try their incredible homemade chunky blue cheese dressing. It's hands-down one of the best salad I've ever had (and they don't "skimp" on the dressing either -- it's brought out in a bowl the size of a coffee cup!) Lee's is ALWAYS one of our favorites -- consistently good, time after time.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank aburarcm
Columbus, Ohio
“A Murrell's Inlet tradition”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We always make sure to stop here at least once for the She-Crab soup. Yum! Lee's is a finer-dining establishment. You can take your younger kids there, but you will feel a bit out of place. I am always impressed with the menu. You can spend a lot on an awesome low-country feast or not so much on some liter fare. They have an early-bird menu if that's you're thing. Overall great food and great service - just go early as it fills up quick!

Visited June 2013
Maryland
“Very tasty”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We decided to check out Lee's after a recommendation from the staff at our condo. When we walked up we thought the wait would be much longer seeing as how people were waiting outside on both sides of the restaurant. Luckily we only had to wait about 20 minutes before getting seated. We knew what we wanted to order before we arrived, we shared the broiled Lee's shore dinner. It was very good and filled both my husband and I.

The only downside was with so many large parties the waitress was really busy, not her fault in the least. She was still attentive and polite.

Overall a very good visit and we will definitely be returning.

• Visited June 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Meh.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I really am disappointed that out of all the incredible seafood in Murrells Inlet, Lee's Inlet Kitchen is so highly ranked on TripAdvisor. Per the reviews, my husband and I took our entire families and wedding party to Lee's during our wedding week, in an attempt to introduce them to fine inlet seafood. I was embarrassed to have dragged them out there for it. First, even though we made advance reservations, it took the hostess 30-45 minutes to seat us after our arrival. The restaurant decor was outdated and dark, and made the whole restaurant feel cheap. The food, however, was anything but inexpensive. In my opinion, it was incredibly overpriced and not very good at all. Just average. The menu was full of fried food- my mother, who is on a food plan that requires a certain amount of vegetables, actually could not find ANYTHING that she could eat. She had to sit through the meal and make her own food when she got back home. Although everybody there was friendly and helpful, especially with such a large group (19 people), it could not make up for the average-bad quality of everything else. It really was a disappointment.

• Visited May 2013