“Great Low Country Boil”

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Low Country Boil”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We went to Sara J's for a late dinner and were not disappointed. The atmosphere and service were wonderful but most important, the food was really good too. My low country boil was full of flavor and the shrimp were huge. My wife had fried flounder and it was crispy and tasty with so much fish she couldn't begin to finish it all. We are certainly glad we found Sara J's.

Visited June 2014

“Great food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Had the fried seafood platter. Everything was cooked perfect. Excellent service and great patio that overlooks the inlet. The only complaint I have is the $5 extra plate charge. I can't eat a whole plate of food so my husband and I often share entrees. I really don't think it's fair to charge the $5 for sharing a plate of food whether you take the extra empty plate or not. I hope they change this policy, it's a real disappointment.
Other than that I thought it was great.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kygirl808
Clover, South Carolina
“Super fast and easy take-out!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

While on a beach vacation, my hubby and I wanted some seafood. But it was storming and we didn't feel like taking our 10 month old out in the rain. A friend told us about the take out option here, so we called our order in. I didn't even have to get out of the car; they saw when I drove up and brought out our food! I'm convinced it was faster that way, too, rather than dining in during the busiest dinner hour. Thanks for the great convenience!

Greenville, South Carolina
“Meh”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Hubby & I arrived about 6:00 on a Saturday evening & were seated within 10 min. We both ordered shrimp marinara. Salad was pretty good with decent bleu cheese dressing. Marinara was blasé, but there was a decent amount of shrimp. The garlic bread was a joke - not toasted, barely dabbed with butter, and certainly not garlicky. Don't think we would return here.

2 Thank GinnyinSC
“Great view, so-so food”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This is our 3rd year vacationing in Surfside and we have driven by this restaurant many times so decided to try. My island grouper was great, however the mixed vegetables that I ordered as a side came straight from a frozen food bag. The rest of my family had flounder, mahi mahi and shrimp/scallops that they all said was just ok. Hush puppies with honey butter were tasty. Bill was $115 for a party of 4 with one house wine and 2 miller lights. Ali our server was great and our table outside had a great view, but we will not revisit this establishment.

Visited June 2014