“Amazing!”

Sara J's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 134 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Isanti, Minnesota, United States
“Amazing!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner at Sara J's. My salmon was amazing and my husband said that it was the best steak he'd ever eaten. It wasn't really warm enough for us to sit outside, but it did look like there was a nice deck to sit out on. The atmosphere is laid back and casual with a tv behind the bar so my hubby could keep an eye on the game. The service was also excellent!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Abbey F

Whitesburg, Kentucky
“Good Seafood!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We go to Sara J's every time we visit Myrtle Beach. The seafood is delicious. I love the hushpuppies. The decor isn't much but if you can get a table on the porch overlooking the marsh--the view is great! Especially if the weather is such that the plastic windows can be rolled up and open. Go early or the wait can be 2 hours.

• Visited April 2013
Easley, South Carolina
“Always Good”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have been to this restaurant at least 10 times and the food is usually excellent as is the service and view. The scallops are always amazing. My husband loves the seafood platter. The only thing we have been disappointed in was the shrimp and grits as it did not have much taste.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SharonGMS
Kensington, Maryland
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Decor was nice, restaurant appeared clean and cozy. Hostess was pleasant and seated us right away. Wait staff very cordial and attentive. That's where it ended. We ordered a bowl of the crab soup, it looked like consume that had jellied, and the whole bowl jiggled as the server placed it on the table, tasted awful, we sent it back. Salads we ordered were ok, complete w/ two small grape tomatoes each, and three slices of cucumber, and a couple of raw onions. Baked potatoes were great, done just right! Hush puppies were large, heavy, grease soaked clumps, not good! My wife's stuffed fish was good tasting, she said sauce was good though. Now to my stuffed shrimp, four small shrimp, butterflied, w/ about 1 1/2 inch mound of stuffing that had traces of shredded crab meat in them, didn't like these at all! Manager even came to our table, asked how everything was, and we told him, but he never offered to make any adjustments to our check, we did not order dessert, again, disappointing, we won't be back...

• Visited October 2013
COLUMBIA
“The view on the porch was gorgeous - the rest not so much”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I went with my boyfriend to Sara J’s when we visited Garden City for the weekend; it came highly recommended by a friend. It could be that I had high expectations of the visit but overall I wasn’t impressed by the food, just the view at sunset. Now that made the night. I ordered the shrimp and grits and though starving didn’t make a dent in it. There was plenty of food, it just didn’t taste fresh and all the flavors were blah. My boyfriend had a fried basket and it tasted of just batter not the seafood inside. Honestly I wouldn’t go back I can get the view elsewhere for cheaper and better made food. It seems like they were focusing on getting a volume of people in to enjoy mediocre food instead of making people wait for high quality food, but I could be wrong.

• Visited September 2013