“good food”

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Cross Anchor, South Carolina
“good food”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

They had enough food on one plate to feed two people; so we half a plate and give $5.00 more for a salad and a baked potato.

Visited May 2013

Belleplain, NJ
“Within walking distance from the beach condos”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We rented a beach front condo in Garden City for one night. Decided to go for a night stroll for about a mile away from our condo along the marsh walk. At the end we crossed the street to Sara J's - a seafood restaurant. We asked for patio dining and were accomodated. The view was real nice, the city and the back bays.
Our server was Lori, very attentive. She gladly said the senior meals were for any age, smaller portions ($15.75). We both chose the combo with fried shrimp, clams, oysters, deviled crab (choose 3). The meals came with coleslaw (not too tasty) and a potato or vegetable. My husband chose a baked potato and I. the fresh veggie blend. They were delicious, brocccoli, string beans, carrots, red peppers!
The cocktail sauce came in a squeeze bottle and that was horrible.So Lori gave us a side a horseradish and catsup, my huisband made our own.
Meals come with hush puppies, a southern treat. Enough to eat, no need for a take home bag!
I chose a Mango Martini, too sweet so I added ice to cut it down; my husband enjoyed a cold one.
Total bill was $47 and we tipped big! Hey, we're on vacation.
Choose this restaurant if you are staying in the area. It's the nicest restaurant around!

• Visited June 2013
north carolina
“Excellent seafood dinner!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We generally take one big vacation each year with my family (wife, 2 teenage boys, my mom). While some eat out every meal, we buy groceries and have large meals in our condo and generally eat out one meal during the week. Our meal for this year's Garden City Beach, SC vacation was at Sara J's tonight. We heard there can be a crowd or wait, so we planned to eat early on a week night (arrived around 4:25). Our party of ten were seated on the porch overlooking the marsh which provided a great atmosphere for a special family dinner. The waitress was very professional and attentive. Many of the seafood offerings were around $20, which can add up quickly for a family with older children. I got the Seafarer Fried Flounder and the others ordered a variety of seafood options. Everyone seemed to agree that the food was delicious. My flounder came in three very large pieces, each of which was very thick and flaky and had a light taste (not greasy). The hush puppies that came prior to the meal were very tasty as well. Overall, I would highly recommend this restaurant. Some may be used to paying more than $20 for an entre, but I am not. However, for a special night out at the beach, you can have some great food here, with great service and make sure you sit on the back porch!!

Salem, Virginia
“Great Food,Great View”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have stayed in Garden City many times,but had not stopped at Sara J's because of the large lines waiting to get in.Recently however I visited in mid May and was able to get in easily.We were not disappointed.The calamari appetizer was very good,not over cooked and chewy,but perfect.The seaford combo was delicious,and service good.We enjoyed it so much,that we went back on Mother's Day evening.We had the day's special which was steak and large shrimp.Once again it was very good.I cannot wait to get back in mid July.

toccoa ga
“Fresh Seafood”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had the pleasure of eating at a table overlooking the marsh while the sun was setting. The four of us all ordered the seafood platter. The seafood was fresh and came to our table hot and the crust had a crunch not greasy like some places. We will definitely be back.

1 Thank Patty B