“Just OK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nance's Creekfront Restaurant

Nance's Creekfront Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 131 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plainfield, Indiana
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Have eaten there a couple of times, great view of the marsh and inlet. Food is average, not worthy of another trip but it is a tourist area and does quite well. Pricey being in a tourist area.

Visited May 2013

Wakefield
“Nance's knows their flounder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have read many of the other reviews of this restaurant, and there is one issue I did not see addressed. Many restaurants charge you for flounder and claim to serve you flounder, but anyone acquainted with real seafood knows that all too often some thin little filet of whitefish is passed off as genuine flounder. While it was not cheap, my flounder was the genuine article, thick and flaky, and I added just a little lemon to it for my seasoning. I thought the menu overall was limited, and the emphasis was definitely on oysters. However, if one wants a nice piece of flounder, Nance's delivers. Bare bones dining room, with emphasis on marsh-front view, provides a rather boring atmosphere on the interior, but the water is what Murrell's Inlet is all about.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank wowgirl3
Stoughton, MA
“Nothing special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Been in myrtle beach for a week golfing and a few people told us that the locals eat here. We went out of our way one afternoon to eat at this place. View of the marsh is great. Service was ok. Food was so so. Would not return since there are so many alternatives on the grand strand. This looks like a place who's time has passed!

Visited April 2013
Rocky Mount, North Carolina, United States
“Great view, but poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were passing through Murrells Inlet at dinner time, decided to stop at Nance's as they were a popular recommendation. The parking was close, the decor knotty pine paneling, and the smell of a seafood restaurant, not an unpleasant smell but one of seafood in the air to tempt your pallet! We ordered the special (grilled mahi) with a side of broiled scallops, fried flounder and shrimp. The Mahi was OK have had much better, didn't taste fresh. The scallops were to say the least warm, but very watery and lacked flavor. The fried flounder, and shrimp were to our whole group, very poor! No flavor, and tasted like they were taken out of the freezer, thawed a portion, then fried, and placed on the plate to steam on the plate to cause the fish to get soggy! No flavor to the fish and especially the shrimp! Got better fish from a boy scout fish fry! Find another place!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Logansport, Indiana
“Perfect View...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

... of the marsh of Murrells Inlet with the perfect vacation ending meal.

Highly recommended by the locals, we decided to have the last dinner at Nance's. We were not disappointed!

Very sedate decor, but let me tell you -- you can tell by looking around, it's serious eating! I'd rather concentrate on that for a wonderful meal of seafood.

We were seated quickly and the service [although the dining room was busy] was quick and excellent. Very attentive to all our needs.

I enjoyed the scenic view and the hostess accommodating our request to sit by the windows. [I just can't get enough of the water views!] I also enjoyed watching the other folks at tables close to us who where shucking oysters -- I was absolutely mesmerized!!

I had the steak and lobster and it was perfection! I haven't had lobster in a while and let me tell you, it was well worth the wait.

Thank you for a meal done well at Nance's!!

• Visited April 2013