“surprisingly good but $$$$”

Drunken Jack's Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

If it had not been so pricey I would go back there anytime for a steak. The filet I had was delicious. Had a great wood grilled flavor. But....dinner for two without any alcohol was $70.00. Much too expensive.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,095)

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the place. Sat in the lounge area overlooking the water and island. One of the owners owns the Island and has Peacoks and goats. They were fun to watch along with the pelicans. Food was really good. The sampler player was a great starter and then we both had PO Boys. I had a blacken Talapia and Tami had shrimp. Very good and reasonable for the prices around the area. Tami of course had some oysters as well.

1  Thank AlfnSpunky
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We drive out to Murrel's Inlet because we were told the seafood was better at restaurants in that area. The shrimp and pan fried fish was good, but deep fried fish tasted old, which I assumed they used old frozen fish. The boiled shrimp was also good. What caused the poor score were the side dishes. I have not been served canned green beans in years. YUCK. Really?? And the mashed potatoes tasted like they were straight from the box. Steer far away from this place, unless you like that kind of food. And the drinks we had tasted like no alcohol was added.

1  Thank CJGurnee
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was a very good intitiation to Murrell's Inlet dining. We chose to eat in the bar rather than wait for a table, and it was very comfortable seating there for dining. We had the crab soup, which was good, and the sampler platter which was delicious.
Prices here are a little steep, but food quality is high so we didn't feel like we'd been taken advantage of at all. Drinks are higher than most we've experienced.
Location on the Marshwalk added a plus in our opinion.

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We tried this place after hearing about the story of Drunken Jack. I didn't have my phone with me so did not have access to Trip Advisor. The food is pretty expensive, I ordered the small fried oysters, they were pretty bland. My husband had the grilled flounder which was good. She-crab soup & Clam Chowder was excellent! Service was slow, the waitress while not un-friendly seemed like she didn't want to be there. Scenery is beautiful do be sure to get a window seat.