“Highlight of my Vacation”

Drunken Jack's Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is the only restaurant I know that serves good seafood. Most seafood restaurants fry all of the food and it is bland. Also, of the restaurants that I looked at, none of them offered grouper. Djacks grouper sandwich is the the Bomb. I visit the Dj at off peak times. Therefore, you do not have to wait for food, and the service is great. For people who are critics of Dj's let them eat at the greasy, overpriced Calabash buffets.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,079)

Reviewed November 30, 2012

went to drunken jacks for some drinks and appetizers Friday afternoon November 23rd. I have to say the watress Shelley was outstanding. It was prompt and courteous service, the drinks were good and the appetizers were tasty as well. We got the sampler and everything on it was very good. I would highly recommend Drunken Jacks. Ask for Shelley.

1  Thank KG42
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I ate here on our last night of a week's trip to the area. It was packed. I think it is everyone's favorite place. They have a large salad bar with all you can eat trimmings. The food was okay. Our service was good. There are not many fine dining restaurants in the area so one is typical of what is on the waterfront. Not great, but not bad.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We ate @ Drunken Jack's the other day. Our waiter, Walter was "johnny on the spot". We just sat down & he was asking us what we wanted to drink. He brought refills before we had ask. Very friendly atmosphere. Excellent seafood. Nice waterfront location. A little pricey but so is everywhere else! Would we return? Absolutely!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Not sure if we hit a bad night or if it is the norm, but I would not rate this restaurant above average. We only had the shrimp cocktail and the salad bar as nothing else really was appealing. The staff range from nice to somewhat indifferent, our server being the nicer one. Would I go back or recommend it...no, too many other options that are better.