“Must Try”
Review of Hot Fish Club

Hot Fish Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Hot Fish Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Hot Fish Club provides a variety of rooms for your events. You can find comfort in our 150-seat inside dining room with a decor inspired by the natural beauty of the inlet. Or you may want to relax in the 70-seat enclosed Creekview Porch that is comfortably heated in the Winter and cooled in the warmer months. The open-air Gazebo Bar with a 700 sq. ft. deck on the water might be your preference for the occasion. Or the perfect site may be in our vast green grass yard spread under the 200 year-old Live Oaks. Whichever your choice may be, you will be pleased to find the absolute best view of Murrells Inlet and the ocean jetties. We also offer an assortment of live entertainment, and can help you select from over 75 bands, featuring anything from beach music to reggae to funk.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My new husband and I took the drive from Myrtle Beach. We had been to a couple other restaurants in MB the preceding couple of nights. This was the best meal we had with the best atmosphere. We were there around 4:30 for dinner. It was beginning to get busier as we were leaving. We picked a good time. All our food was great...seafood corn chowder, raw oysters and the steam pot. Waitress was friendly and knowledgable. We would definitely recommend trying this place!

There are newer reviews for Hot Fish Club

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I went to the Hot Fish Club based on the reviews on this site. The food was very good and the prices were in line with the other restaurants in the area. We made a reservation, so we had only a short wait when we arrived that was made great by delicious drinks at the bar. The bartender was great...at least the one in the restaurant.

The service was only ok. We had to ask for refills on drinks, in some cases more than once. It seemed like something we should not have had to worry about given the price of the entrees and the reputation of the restaurant. We also watched a couple at the table next to us have bits of food fall on them when the waitstaff carelessly placed the tray holder behind them against a wall. They were a fairly young couple and didn't say anything, though they should have. The waitstaff was unaware of the issue, but again, it just shouldn't have happened.

After dinner we went out to the gazebo. If we had thought to bring bug spray, we might have stayed awhile because it was a nice evening; however, staff out there was uneven as well. No one asked us if we wanted drinks but we watched a family being served an entire dinner two tables away. My husband finally walked up to the upper bar to get drinks...worst bahama mama I've ever had, which was a shame since the ones inside the restaurant were delicious.

Anyway, it was a mixed night. Food was good, service was only ok. We didn't feel a need to go back during our two weeks.

I just don't get it...

Listed as one of the top restaurants in Murrells Inlet we found the food average at best. Upon seating at a sticky table a couple of utensils needed cleaning.

We ordered the Calamari and Lobster & Shrimp Quesadillas for starters.
The Quesadillas were very good - the highlight of the evening. The Calamari tasted a bit smokey.

The Crab Stuffed Shrimp was a disappointment. Listed as "Colossal" on the menu the shrimp was anything but. The "Old Country Rice" was undercooked. The Seafood Corn Chowder (award winning??) was forgetful but the Crab Cakes - satisfying.
Dessert offered only two options - Peanut Butter or Key Lime Pie - we passed.

Service was pleasant - no issues there - and we didn't mind waiting 20min for a table as we enjoyed the beautiful Inlet views.

But upon returning to Murrells Inlet we would seek other dining options.

2  Thank R K
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were able to make reservations and our table was ready when we arrived. Beautiful view on the back porch for our meal. Everything about the meal was exceptional. I had the onion crusted salmon - the BEST salmon dish I have ever had!! My sister and husband had the grilled seafood platter (oysters are fried) and they raved about it. The fried okra is the best I have ever put in my mouth, hushpuppies are sweet. My daughter had a crabcake appetizer - huge! She crab soup was very tasty and had a lot of crab. Our waiter could have been a little more attentive, but the hostess who was everywhere made sure we got what we wanted as soon as we asked. We have been to so many of the Murrell's Inlet restaurants over the years, but this one brought me back to when I was a little girl vacationing in MB with my family and driving to the Inlet from Ocean Drive to eat at a now closed establishment. This has moved up to our #1 Inlet restaurant.

1  Thank Jean D
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a large group and they take reservations so that worked out great. The food was delicious. We ate there early in the week and all of our family agreed it was the best. The Oysters Rockefeller were fabulous and probably the best I have ever had. We will definitely return to Hot Fish Club year after year.