“Great Find” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hot Fish Club

Hot Fish Club
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Hot Fish Club provides a variety of rooms for your events. You can find comfort in our 150-seat inside dining room with a decor inspired by the natural beauty of the inlet. Or you may want to relax in the 70-seat enclosed Creekview Porch that is comfortably heated in the Winter and cooled in the warmer months. The open-air Gazebo Bar with a 700 sq. ft. deck on the water might be your preference for the occasion. Or the perfect site may be in our vast green grass yard spread under the 200 year-old Live Oaks. Whichever your choice may be, you will be pleased to find the absolute best view of Murrells Inlet and the ocean jetties. We also offer an assortment of live entertainment, and can help you select from over 75 bands, featuring anything from beach music to reggae to funk.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I were looking for seafood when we arrived in Surfside Beach on Sunday and after a little investigation to find out who was open on Sunday and also during this time of year, we decided to visit the Hot Fish Club in Murrells Inlet. When we walked in, we were immediately greeted by a smiling hostess who was very friendly. We were shown to a table near the porch. The decor of the place was great. Each wall was painted almost exactly as the view was out the back of the restaurant. It felt very beachy, which is the ambiance we were looking for.

Our sever, Miles, was very good. After making the decision to try the Bacon Wrapped Scallops, we each made a decision on an entree. When Miles arrived with our Scallops, which were wonderful, we asked Miles for his recommendation on entrees and he quickly confirmed what my wife was planning on ordering, the Lobster Pot Pie. I ordered the Lowcountry Steampot which consisted of shrimp, clams, mussels, oysters, smoked sausage, corn, and red potatoes. When our dishes arrived, we were pleasantly surprised on the large size of both dishes. The Lobster Pot Pie was covered with a very nice crispy puff pastry and was wonderful. The Lowcountry Steampot was huge and contained an abundance of seafood all of which was steamed just right.

We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals and had leftovers to take back to our condo for another meal.

We would highly recommend the Hot Fish Club for a wonderful seafood dinner. My wife even commented that our bill was lower than she would have expected based on the quality and amount of food we received. We will definitely go back next time we are in the area.

• Visited March 2013

N. Myrtle Beach, SC
“Top Chef Quality Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

This place is wonderful! Robert and Ed gave us great, very fast and attentive service...We sat on the deck of the gazebo on the Inlet. Gorgeous view...delicious food. Beautiful trees.
I went two nights in a row. First night I got fried everything! Shrimp,oysters, flounder, crab cakes, hush puppies, French fries. Next night I got onion encrusted salmon with sautéed spinach and asparagus. Early bird was $12 and nice portion...and scrumptious. My friend got flounder almond one and loved it. Everyone raved about food and service!
Far from my home in Myrtle Beach but worth the half hour drive!!!LOVED!!!

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Not your average Inlet fare...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Tonight was my third time visiting the Hot Fish Club, and I had to break over and write a review. The food is just consistently delicious, obviously fresh and house made. If you do not live in Myrtle Beach you may not be aware just how very bad some of these restaurants can be. I just don't eat out much because I like fresh food, and it is unbelievably hard to find down here.

I have had 2 chef specials and a crab stream pot (and yes you can mess up crab), and each time I was so so happy and grateful for a fresh tasty meal out...Finally! Tonight I had the best corned beef and cabbage I have ever had, but I doubt you'll get a chance to try it again until next St. Pat's ;-) My daughter loves the flounder, my inlaws raved about the steaks, and the lobster pot pie, which we all tried, was amazing, I'm talking a prefect hand made pastry with tons of lump lobster. Big, crisp house salads, house made dressings, the servers and staff are always awesome, and if they have a drink special, try it. Heather the bartender is great. This is the ONLY place in the Inlet we enjoy, and it is our favorite restaurant in Myrtle Beach now!

2 Thank TiffanySpiffany
New England
“Worth the trip from Myrtle Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

She crab soup was great, the hot fish platter was, hot, and so fresh! My wife had the lobster pot pie, huge, took about half of it back to the timeshare. Our server Whitney, did an outstanding job, we had a table for eight, with split check, and also had the "ritz discount book" she handled it!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Travel Guy15
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Great place, second time a charm!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went the beginning of our trip and loved it so much that we brought friends back again. When we walked in the restaurant, we were greeted very warmly!! Nice touch!!! Our first trip we had the grilled shrimp and the fish and chips. Both were so delicious!! Our waitress was very nice and service was quick!!! We ended coming back with our friends and went for the grilled seafood platter!! It was also very good. Our waiter Miles on the second trip was also friendly and very attentive. This is a must see when you go to Murrells Inlet. It definitely is worth the trip!!!! Can't wait to go a third time!!!!

• Visited March 2013