“Knock your socks off sushi & service!”
Review of The Wicked Tuna

The Wicked Tuna
Ranked #11 of 140 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Wicked Tuna, Murrells Inlet's premier waterfront dining experience! The Wicked Tuna is a place where friends meet for a unique culinary experience of handmade cocktails, the freshest seafood, steaks, and sushi, and the best views on the Marshwalk. "Hook to Plate" fresh every day seafood -- that's the Wicked Tuna way. Every week our fishing fleet heads out to the Atlantic ocean sourcing the freshest grouper, mahi mahi, sea bass, and snapper off the Carolina coast. Every fish we serve is caught local by our own boats and then cleaned and prepped on-site before it goes to the kitchen. From there, our master chefs prepare exciting culinary experiences matched only by our breathtaking views. Our obsession with fresh seafood, top-grade beef, and bold flavors shine through in our award-winning, signature cuisine. Our master sushi chefs prepare plates of delicately sliced fresh sashimi and artful and creative sushi rolls using the freshest fish available. Pair your dish with a selection from our exclusive wine and sake list and you have an evening to remember. We have created a unique culinary experience for you, incorporating innovative cuisine and excellent service from a one-of-a-kind, dedicated staff. We invite you to enjoy a truly exceptional dining experience where the environment is enchanting, the views exceptional, and the hospitality is impeccable. Come get wicked.
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

This is my 1st trip to myrtle beach area and I am not an expert, by any means, on "local hidden gem"restaurants...however, I do travel quite a bit for both business and leisure and DO recognize good food and excellent service when I experience it.

A bartender from the golf club we played at recommended that we go and visit the marshwalk area for a drink and dinner. That seemed like a good idea, but the choices were a bit overwhelming when we got there...with so many restaurants to choose from and no local knowledge of "Quality vs Tourist Trap" it was a bit challenging to decide where to go.(My husband & I enjoy dining out and dont mind spending $$ on good food, but its disappointing to spend your hard earned $ on a lousy meal , especially on vacation!, am I right?!)

We walked around and checked out all the menus and restaurants and decided to try Wicked Tuna -and I can honestly say it has been the best meal we have had all week, and quite frankly, probably in my top 3 of all time "best sushi" joints from coast to coast! Add the BONUS that it was Happy Hour and 1/2 price maki and specialty rolls and I feel like we hit the lottery! The bartender, Kirby, was a total sweetheart and made us feel relaxed and wekcome, like we were regulars! She walked us through the menu and made some excellent recommendations, and made sure we had everything we needed.

I will be adding Wicked Tuna to my favorites list for next trip!

There are newer reviews for The Wicked Tuna

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Looking for a seafood dinner while staying in Myrtle Beach, we went a few miles south to the Wicked Tuna on the recommendation of friends. We had mixed appetizers (mussels and oysters Rockefeller) that were in a class by themselves. A smoky flavor came through in each-a nice touch! The entrees were fresh and plentiful. We would have them again. Service was great by a waiter that was well versed in the menu and gave valuable suggestions. The down side to the dining experience was the acoustics in the dining area. The noise level was barely tolerable. At least one couple asked to be moved. An easy solution would be to put a soundproofing ceiling in. Until that is done, we would opt to eat outside or elsewhere.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I visited The Wicked Tuna on November 6th, 2013. I was greeted by the Hostess, Mary Anna. She was friendly and made us feel that we wanted to be there.

Our waitress was Jamie. She was great! She knew the menu quite well and always smiled and made us feel great about a meal here.

I do recommend The Wicked Tuna!!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to try something new. We sat on the back deck and watched the inlet. We LOVED it. We had the spring roll appetizer (a must), split the wedge salad and I ordered the Fish and Chips with a side order of the asparagus. The portions were large.
I cannot wait to go again!

1  Thank Beachbishop
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went the first time with friends for happy hour apps. What treat! The staff treats you like old friends, and conversation between patrons doesn't take long to get established. The best surprise was the tuna pizza...... Mmmmmm.
We decided to go back for Hallowe'en, and were treated to a spectacle indeed. The warrior women should have won best costume, but couldn't because they were the judges!! We had low expectations for dinner on such a chaotic night, but we were most pleasantly surprised. We had one minor objection - a slightly cool pasta - and it was dealt with immediately and professionally.
This is a fabulous place with a great view, wonderful staff and an ambitious and tasty menu.
Put it on the list.