“Great Setting - Good Food - Expensive for Lunch”
Review of The Wicked Tuna

The Wicked Tuna
Ranked #11 of 139 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Wicked Tuna, Murrells Inlet's premier waterfront dining experience! The Wicked Tuna is a place where friends meet for a unique culinary experience of handmade cocktails, the freshest seafood, steaks, and sushi, and the best views on the Marshwalk. "Hook to Plate" fresh every day seafood -- that's the Wicked Tuna way. Every week our fishing fleet heads out to the Atlantic ocean sourcing the freshest grouper, mahi mahi, sea bass, and snapper off the Carolina coast. Every fish we serve is caught local by our own boats and then cleaned and prepped on-site before it goes to the kitchen. From there, our master chefs prepare exciting culinary experiences matched only by our breathtaking views. Our obsession with fresh seafood, top-grade beef, and bold flavors shine through in our award-winning, signature cuisine. Our master sushi chefs prepare plates of delicately sliced fresh sashimi and artful and creative sushi rolls using the freshest fish available. Pair your dish with a selection from our exclusive wine and sake list and you have an evening to remember. We have created a unique culinary experience for you, incorporating innovative cuisine and excellent service from a one-of-a-kind, dedicated staff. We invite you to enjoy a truly exceptional dining experience where the environment is enchanting, the views exceptional, and the hospitality is impeccable. Come get wicked.
SC
“Great Setting - Good Food - Expensive for Lunch”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We (party of 4) went for lunch. Had excellent seating with a view of the dock and marsh. The food, sandwiches, soup and salads were all good. The main problem
was that there was actually NO lunch menu. The result is limited lunch choices and an overall expensive menu. There are many restaurants in Murrells Inlet but if you don't mind the higher price at The Wicked Tuna go ahead and give it a try.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LJinSC

Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Overpriced, don't ask for coffee after 9:30PM”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Food was fine, no issues at all. Our party ordered a wide array of salads, apps and entrees, including sushi. All good but overpriced for Murrells Inlet. This is not NY. Tried to order coffee with dessert but was told that that cofffee machine was off and cleaned up and "sorry". One of the party got decaf, asked for half and half--but they don't have it. They consider themselves a highend restaurant and NO COFFEE at 9:30PM on a Saturday night? There were at least 10 other parties seated. I have been in the restaurant business for 25+ years and frankly my thought was BUSHLEAGUE. We spoke to the server about it, but she said she was afraid of the manager and didn't want to mention it to him. Wow, great management--I guess comments--if bad, are not welcome. Interesting that the other restaurants were packed but Tuna not...there is a message there.

4 Thank fkanesc
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Make sure you actually get the sushi you order, not just what they send out.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently moved to Myrtle Beach and my parents came down for the weekend to visit. We had heard good reviews of Wicked Tuna and decided to try it for ourselves. When we arrived, we found the building, both inside and out, to be very attractive and well decorated. We asked for outside seating and were taken to a wonderful outside seating area on the inlet with a great view of the beach to the North.

Our server (sadly I don't remember her name) was incredibly pleasant and well versed in the menu. She struggled a bit with the double hinged wine key when opening a good bottle of Zinfandel, but did so with a wonderfully bright smile and self deprecating laugh. My wife is a restaurant manager and was nice enough to give her a few tips on using the wine key in the future.

We started with a chicken lettuce wrap appetizer, which wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't order again. It was too sweet, a bit greasy, and didn't have much substance to it.

Everyone at the table other than me ordered a fish entree and were very pleased with their selections. The plate presentations were very attractive and each piece of fish was served differently appointed on individually appropriate plates. All three of my party's fish fillets seemed to be cooked well, but they were all quite small for the $25-$30 dollar per plate range we were paying. Each plate came with one side, and those were fairly meager in size as well.

I ordered two sushi rolls for my meal, the ceviche roll and a yellowtail roll. I was really looking forward to trying the ceviche roll because it sounded quite different from anything I had tried before on a sushi menu. Sadly, the roll came out topped with ceviche, but not filled with the described ingredients. It came out filled with tempura shrimp (fried) and I do not eat fried food in any way shape or form. I brought this to the attention of the server who promptly advised I should have known when ordering a roll with tempura shrimp that it was fried. I didn't bother telling her it WAS NOT described in the menu as being filled with tempura anything and I'm certainly aware of what tempura means. I asked the server to bring me another yellowtail roll, which she did. She also apologized for incorrectly 'correcting' me, as she was wrong about what the roll included and the sushi chef had made the incorrect roll. I was a bit disappointed in the experience of eating sushi at Wicked Tuna because I had really been looking forward to trying the ceviche roll after seeing it online earlier in the day.

So, overall, Wicked Tuna was a decent dining experience with a great view. However, I probably wouldn't go back and eat there after being served the wrong sushi roll and subsequently being 'corrected' incorrectly. I'd also eat before I go because I'm certainly not going to get full from the meager portions on a $30 plate.

2 Thank Ben G
richmond ri
“Creative menu, fantastic view”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner Saturday evening and although very busy we got a table on the outside deck overlooking Murrells Inlet. Very pretty setting!
One side of the 2 page menu is Asian food including sushi and tempura. The rest of the menu is a variety of seafood and meat dinners and also sandwiches.
My husband chose gumbo from the daily specials. He loved it but the portion could have been a little larger.
I chose a snapper dish from the regular menu. The waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and helped me with my decision. It was a great choice! The fish was amazing and accompanied with mashed potatoes and an Asian slaw. The fish was arranged over the potatoes and a delicious sauce.
All of their seafood and fish is local and fresh.
Our server was very efficient and pleasant but seemed to have too many tables so there were some gaps in service.
Overall this was a very nice dining experience and I recommend this place!

North Carolina
“Great Sushi!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Excellent atmosphere, superb service, we ate at the actual "sushi bar" which looks like a real ice bar. Food was excellent, we tried 4 different sushi rolls and were pleasantly surprised, worth every penny!! Go early before dark take a stroll on the marshwalk and pier then have a drink or two and eat at WICKED TUNA.