“Our favorite breakfast place by far!”

Charlie's Studio Cafe
Ranked #28 of 140 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We went here twice for breakfast! This is a great family run place -- with a great quirky "artist" feeling place inside (which is no surprise since many of the tables and paintings were done by the owner!)

They are as nice as can be, the whole family -- and the food is also very very good. I had the philly cheesesteak omelet (with monteray jack cheese) and my wife ordered the blueberry pancakes. Then we had the sausage omelet and french toast. They were all well executed. The bacon was thick and perfectly done, the pancakes awesome. They will also be very creative and if they can do it, will modify / change whatever they can to please you.

This is a must place to eat in our books for a trip to the area for breakfast (they do lunch too but we never tried it).

TIP -- the standard home fries are, well, standard. However, ask them to deep fry the potatoes first and THEN home fry them and they are awesome!

1  Thank SJM-Weasel

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Charlie's is much better than the tourist places along route 17. Great food, nice people, and a comfortable atmosphere.

1  Thank michael c
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Arriving at Myrtle Beach restaurants and opening menus can be a shock: $17 for a hamburger? $24 for grilled shrimp? We spent an arm and a leg on many a mediocre meal as we dined out all week. I had gone three days without coffee before we visited Charlie's Studio Cafe, and I was not disappointed. The owner, Charlie, kept our mugs filled with great coffee.

The veggie omelet (no, I'm not a vegetarian) was enormous and filled with broccoli and cheese, the home fries were delicious, the biscuit was flaky (I could have eaten three more), and the price was fair. $9 for an omelet. Our other waiter was friendly, and the music was soft and enjoyable. We left there, stuffed to the gills, as I could not fathom leaving any bites wasted on my plate. I only wish I could be eating there right now. Our favorite meal out of the entire week!

1  Thank kerbey
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We are locals & come here a few mornings per month, often with guests- great breakfast options, courteous, wonderful atmosphere for conversation. Staff is attentive & lunch options good, too. A gem!

2  Thank DrMommaB
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Awesome. Joe is one of the best server s I have ever had! We went for breakfast and everything was really good. We will go back for sure.

1  Thank lauranduval