“Good the second time around in a weekend.”

Charlie's Studio Cafe
Ranked #30 of 141 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My favorite meal to eat out is breakfast, and my boyfriend promised me he'd found a winner in Charlie's Studio Cafe. Driving up I was concerned because it was in a bare strip mall (it was the weekend the other spaces were offices), but it was so warm and inviting when we got in I forgot it all. The tables are all painted in individual themes, and there is plenty of art to gaze at - as well as a prominent chalk board at the front with the specials. Our waitress was the only one working but she was very attentive and kind. I had the country eggs benedict with sausage and gravy (while on vacation calories don't count), and he had the "starving artist" - I had to be rolled out of there like Violet Beauregarde. When Sunday morning rolled around we both knew where we wanted to go, and it was back to Charlie's where because it was later and after Church there was a little more of a crowd, but the service was still friendly and excellent. That day when we sat down our same waitress came over with our drink orders from the day before and I was on love - it was most likely caffeine induced but still it was a warm and fuzzy feeling. This time we both wanted omelets, and the fluffiest pancakes I've had in awhile. Again we were both so full we skipped lunch. If I find myself anywhere near Murrells Inlet, SC again I am undoubtedly going back to Charlie's Studio Cafe - they won me over with their food, and kept my interest with their art, and conversation.

3  Thank ALISON A

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great location for a quick lunch. Service friendly and food delicious. Soup and sandwhich were great. This will remind you of a small town cafe which has a display of local artists works.

1  Thank MissDixieDelight
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Worth trying to find -- the red sign helps, but difficult to see behind the trees until you're right on it. Going South on 17 Bypass, watch for it on the left, you'll pass it and make a u-turn to get back up to it. Going North, take the 17 Business split and turn left on Horry Road, then watch for it on your right at the corner of 17 Bypass. Don't be put off by the cheesy-looking chairs (they are comfortable if a little ugly). Really, really good original artwork on the walls (for sale!) and on each of the tabletops. We had lunch (please note the hours on their website). I had the Cesar Salad with chicken -- the chicken was tender and juicy, served fresh and hot on a nice sized salad. The dressing flavor was so good I ate the whole salad. My husband had the taco salad with chicken, served in one of those taco shell things. All ingredients were very fresh, and it was loaded with cheese and onions; sour cream and salsa were served on the side. We shared a cup of tomato basil, which had small chunks of tomato and onion and a very nice flavor. Service was friendly and terrific; we arrived fairly near closing time but were never made to feel rushed.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Go to Charlie's Studio Cafe in Murrells Inlet when looking for breakfast in crowded Pawleys Island. Not crowded, good breakfast egg and cheese rollup, excellent chocolate chip pancakes for kids, everything was good. Very good service. Very reasonable prices.

3  Thank Barbara54384