I was very nervous before arriving on September 12th and called a few times to discuss the bed bug review. I spoke to Christine who works at the Ellington and she assured me that everything would be fine..I was actually going to pay an additional fee to be moved into Phase 2 because all the reviews about Phase 1 were scaring me. Thank God I listened to Christine and did not waste money to change rooms.
We stayed in Phase 1 on the first floor, our room was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit and was more than comfortable for 4 adults and 3 children, grant it - the kids are all under 3 but still - big living room/dining room and bedrooms were a nice size too. Our room was spotless and of course, I did inspect the matress and found no sign of bedbugs...you can't blame this place for bed bugs - they can happen anywhere and apparently they fixed the problem. We had a small issue with the AC unit leaking and it was taken care of very quickly.
The pool was beautiful and I did see someone there every morning testing for chemicals and we actually had to stay out of the pool for a few minutes while he vacuumed what seemed to me was a very clean pool to begin with.
The area is great, quiet - away from the noise in myrtle beach itself yet it took us only 10 minutes every night to get to Broadway at the Beach which is the biggest and best attraction there.
The towel exchange was done twice during the week and we ended up with more towels than we needed - we even got extra toilet paper that we didn't need.
I would definetly return next year and would recommend this place to all - don't pay attention to the bad reviews - some people have nothing better to do. Sure there was room for some small upgrades in the unit but nothing even worth complaining about!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Festiva's Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East is located in the heart of the South Carolina low country. This former fishing village is home to pristine beaches and a number of magnificent golf courses and is the "Seafood Capital of South Carolina."eweThe resort is nestled in an oasis of moss-covered oaks along the Intercostal Waterway, offering guests a retreat from the high-rise buildings and congestion of the Grand Strand yet all of the glitz and glamour of Myrtle Beach is just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ellington At Wachesaw Plantation East Hotel Murrells Inlet
- Ellington Hotel Murrells Inlet
- Ellington Hotel At Wachesaw East