We stayed at this resort in April/May of 2007 and it was a fantastic experience...great staff, great accommodations...everything was terrific. So we booked again for Nov/Dec (2 weeks) and found things are just not the same: there was no internet (wifi) available in our building and in most of the resort...the staff knew this and were apologetic, but nothing was done...
Also, the housekeeping was a bit disappointing. Came back to our condo to find the dirty towels in a pile on the floor of the living room...and when I called housekeeping, they told me to just put them outside the door. OK, but I think the towels should not have been left in the first place!
Check out this resort carefully before you reserve it...since it has been purchased by Festiva Resorts, I don't feel that it has the same high standards expected of other resorts.
BTW, we used Interval to reserve this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Festiva's Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East is located in the heart of the South Carolina low country. This former fishing village is home to pristine beaches and a number of magnificent golf courses and is the "Seafood Capital of South Carolina."eweThe resort is nestled in an oasis of moss-covered oaks along the Intercostal Waterway, offering guests a retreat from the high-rise buildings and congestion of the Grand Strand yet all of the glitz and glamour of Myrtle Beach is just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Vacatia so you can book your Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ellington At Wachesaw Plantation East Hotel Murrells Inlet
- Ellington Hotel Murrells Inlet
- Ellington Hotel At Wachesaw East